Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
NRA reloading class >

NRA reloading class

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

NRA reloading class

Old 01-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Default NRA reloading class

Has any one taken this or teach it? If so what is the cost. A guy here wants almost $200 for what he says is a 4 hr class, including book. Sounds kind of high to me.
Rick

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:12 PM

Default RE: NRA reloading class

if you are careful about how much powder you put in the case then for 200bucks you can destroy a lot of equipement.
personally i would just get a good set of instructions and start. if you got any questions about what to do, then come here and ask.
thats the way i learned about a year ago, it seems daunting at first but really its very easy.

propmahn
save the world, reload your brass

Old 01-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

The setting up of the press and dies and the case mesurements are what I really want to see and get straight in my mind. After that I will have questions along the way but I have to get first things right or there messed up all the way down the line for me. Sort of like see one, do one, teach one.
Seems like the $$ is rather high for the hrs of the class. I was hoping that someone who has taken the class could tell me what they payed.
Well thanks again and I will be asking questions.
Rick

Old 01-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you would be much better served by buying 2 or 3 good reloading manuals. Any produced by the major bullet manufacturers will do just fine. Spend some quiet afternoons reading the front of the books where all the nomenclature and components of reloading are explained and diagrammed. The next great step would be to have someone invite you to watch while they reload and do a little bit of explaining. Finally, if you could get a kind (experienced) person to walk you through loading your first 20 rounds you would be in great shape to start loading on your own on a small scale. Taking classes would be something you could easily decide to do AFTER you have gained a basiic knowledge of the process. You can set your self up with a complete set of reloading tools (single stage at least) for under $200.00. The fine points of reloading become clearer only after you've rolled a few of your own. Make sure you get some reading under you belt before you observe anybody. It will help your learning curve immensely.

Edited by - 8mm/06 on 01/16/2003 17:54:27
Old 01-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

8mm/06 gave you a very good game plan. If you can't find anybody to guide you through the process, go to www.midwayusa.com Ph. 1-800-243-3220. They have a "Book and Video" catalog that showes 7 different videos on handloading. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:12 PM

I've just taken a look into this and have a bit better luck to report. The person in my area doesn't instruct at this time due to other commitments, but as he's very close he's offered to review my operation and walk me through the first loads. Very nice guy, had quite a few helpful suggestions.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Gunfighter,
That sounds great but the drive to and from would be HE-l. LOL
Thanks,
Rick