Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

AHE class?

Old 08-23-2004, 11:32 AM
djy

Default AHE class?

thinking about taking the advanced hunter education class next year. do you have any info? I looked on the wa. st. game dept site and read minimal information.

if you have personal info on the class, has it helped your hunt?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: AHE class?

Im studying for it right now. lots of reading material. Im just doing it cause theres some pretty much guarantted cow elk hunts over here in yakima. Be prepared to study alot. Heres there web page incase you havent been there yet.

http://www.clearlight.com/hunting/
Old 08-23-2004, 02:43 PM

I just compleated my AHE about four months ago and the only tricky part was the test. It was fairly difficult and you won't pass unless you review all of the info in the packet that they send to you. The one good thing about it is that antlerless tags are easy to get once you are compleated. I drew second Deer and Second elk tags this year so lots of meat for me.
-RyanH
Old 08-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Ryan, did they ask alot of questions on the RCW and WAC codes.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:44 PM

Kirkl, The test had 80 questions+- that cover all of the material in the packets. There are questions on wildlife managment water fowl hunting upland game, and big game, outdoor survival there is also a section on animal identification where you have to identify silowets(sp?), and tracks of various animals. I don't remember any questions on specific RCW,WAC codes but you should know all the basics. I only passed the exam by one question on my first test and there were people there who were taking it for the fourth and fifth time. so it is no gimmie. The packet does not cover all of the info that you are required to know much of the material were things that I had learned from time in the fields and reading the Regs every year. The best part about completeing it is your ability to draw antlerless hunts and not burn your points for the the hunts we all want like Chewuch A, Perrygin A, Gardner A ect..
-RyanH
Old 08-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Ryan, thanks, do you know how long the wainting period is to take it again if you fail it.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:15 PM

I think that the lady said there is a thirty day weight if you dont pass the first time. I know that I was worried because I wanted to apply for the special hunts this year and only had one chance to pass it.
-RyanH
Old 08-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Do they grade it right on the spot or have to wait a few days, what did you do for your project.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:43 PM

Kirkl, The Test is sent back ephrata for scoring and it takes some time to get it back. Mine was done in five days but my buddys took four weeks because the grader was on vacation. For my project I went to the Issaquah fish hatchery and clipped adapose fins off of fingerlings for 12 hours lots of fun.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info, Im gonna read through everything again then probably take the test.

Quick Reply: AHE class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.