Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Pro Pin Class/ Hunter Pro Class >

Pro Pin Class/ Hunter Pro Class

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Pro Pin Class/ Hunter Pro Class

Old 05-24-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Pro Pin Class/ Hunter Pro Class

Would the IBO ever consider having a pro pins class?

This is a hot topic in the ASA and there would have to be recognition of this pro class across organizations in order for the sponsors to recognize it as a pro class for pay outs.

This is only a question of topic/debate. For this to be considered all organizations would have to recognize the class that is why I am bringing it to the IBO.

Some suggestions are to make MBR/unlimited (ASA) the proclass and use a class like AHC/HC(asa) as your amature class and still have HC/Bownovice (ASA) as beginner classes.

At the 1st leg in bedford there were 126-MBR, 107-AHC, and 234 HC shooters. also there were 62-PMR, 22-PMF, and 66-SPM

What do you think?????
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 PM

Default RE: Pro Pin Class/ Hunter Pro Class

Not being in the 3-D circut for a few years and seeing this here are my thoughts!

126MBR shooters right now and that sure does beat the 62PMR shooters volume wise, but how many MBR shooters will there be if the entry is $200+. How many will drop back to AHC then but still want to shoot their long stabelizers?

Why not brake up into another class and make the pay out even smaller? I alway see alot of people crying the pay out is too low as it is. Adding another class will just make it smaller!

I feel if you want to be a "PRO" belly up to the barin PMR! If not, then your still just second best in class! and nothing is wrong with that! Sometimes we as shooters need seriously drop the ego's and look at what we can honestly do and what we really want out of this sport and can we make that commitment to do it!

Just my $.02 and i'm sure i may take some heat but you asked for an opinion and there it is!

Good shooting everybody!

Patrick Sinal