Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Thinking of buying a third press >

Thinking of buying a third press

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Thinking of buying a third press

Old 01-25-2007, 05:49 AM
bigcountry

Default Thinking of buying a third press

I like this T-7 turret by redding. I could pick 3 main calibers that I shoot the most and keep them there and setup. But I have experience with turrets where the slop in head can cause varying COL's or not consistent sizing. But never tried T-7. Anybody ever rotate the head on it and see if its nice and tight?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 AM

Default RE: Thinking of buying a third press

I have a redding turret, but not sure its a T7. I like mine very well. Its nice and tight, no slop, very repeatable. I've had no problems with COL changing. On mine you can remove the turret head and replace with another. We have several turret heads with most of our dies in them, so reloading a different cal. is as simple as finding the right turret head and bolting it on.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Spike

I have one and I love it!! There is no slop or deflection in the press. I have two turrets and love the flexibilty the press gives you. Iread the T-7 is on the bench of most of the big name gunwriters, who I imagine can have whatever they want.
Will
Old 01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Buy it then give us a full report.. I have thought about some new equipment to try to put a little spark back into my reloading.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Lyman T-Mag2, doesn't auto index, but it is rock solid. I know what your saying though, my Lee turret has about 1/16" of movment when the ram is on the up stroke. Only use it for pistol rounds now.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’m also looking for a new reloading press and that Redding sounds like the ticket. Just ordered Reddings catalog this morning and I'm going to have to look into to it some more...
Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like bc, I"ve always had some concern that a turret head press might not give the same exact sizing and COL demands that we want, due to some flexibility in the mounting system itself. I'll be interseted to hear what y'all think after giving it a real good try.