HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady LnL classic kit or RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Exoman

Default RE: Hornady LnL classic kit or RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit?

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

This would be my choice over the Hornady, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with their products, just prefer to stay away from having to buy special adapters.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=305282
are you talking about the lock and load inserts?

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

On this one Id have to say RCBS all the way for single stage setup the L-n-L feature is totally unnecissary for a single stage press. I do however prefer hornady for my progressive needs. I have a 366 12 ga progressive and a L-N-L AP press the only down side is my lee dies dont work well with the L-N-L feature so I ended up buying a set of hornady 45 acp dies for the progressive press which isnt that big a deal since I only use the progressive for that caliber since I shoot 45 acp the most. all my other pistol calibers I still load with a single stage.
It seems to me the LnL function would be just as useful if not more on the single stage because you will be removing each die more often on a single stage than on a progressive, no matter if you are focusing on one caliber or fifty you be swapping the dies several times per bullet.