Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 New to reloading >

New to reloading

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

New to reloading

Old 11-01-2006, 08:45 PM

Default New to reloading

Hey guys, this is my first post. I have been reading for a while but finally decided to join.

I am trying to get in to reloading. I shoot mainly 30.06. I have reloaded 12ga. shotgun shells and understand that, but I dont know much about the actual reloading of rifle ammo. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some brands and models of presses and other equipment I need. What types of tools and machines do I need? Thanks for any info you would be willing to offer me. Have a great day.
-Kyle
Old 11-02-2006, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to reloading

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

Buy a reloading manual and read it cover to cover, then depending on how much you want to spend, an RCBS master reloading kit will have you well on the way.
RR
Ditto! It would also be helpful if you could find someone who already reloads to help you get started. Last but certainly not least, don't forget to wear safety glasses!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:38 AM

Default RE: New to reloading

ORIGINAL: Mykey

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

Buy a reloading manual and read it cover to cover, then depending on how much you want to spend, an RCBS master reloading kit will have you well on the way.
RR
Ditto! It would also be helpful if you could find someone who already reloads to help you get started. Last but certainly not least, don't forget to wear safety glasses!

I did both of these!