Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Made the decision; Now Need Help >

Made the decision; Now Need Help

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Made the decision; Now Need Help

Old 07-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Made the decision; Now Need Help

I think you will find the mag's more difficult with the Lee outfit I sure did. now I use a rockchucker "O" type . Lee
Old 07-06-2006, 08:03 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Will the Lee Aniversary Press reload for 300 WinMag?

What is the concensus on the Lee Aniversary Press? Is it worth going that route or spending a little more out of the gates to get better stuff.

Are there starter kits that come with digital scales?

Tom
Ok, here is my suggestion from a reloader thats had lee and RCBS and others.And been doin it for a long time and help teach several getting started. I know this will step on toes, so sorry. If your serious about this, stay away from the Lee. Sure it will get the job done. But its not much. I have had the lee before. I have the rock chucker, pretty well the standard when it comes to loading. It can and will last you a lifetime. And has a lifetime warranty. Also, lee customer service lacks alot. Only think I like from lee is factory crimp dies and collet dies. You definatley get what you paid for. Only think I have left from lee is a lee 1000 progressive which Ionly use for 44 mag. And that badboy is tempermental as it gets. My rockchucker is pretty old, and I have seen the new ones, and they are even nicer with the primer catch and faciltates a longer cases nicely.

I also suggest staying away from digitals. I know several own em. But IMO, they can be dangerous throwing improper loads. They have an update lag which is annoying trickling loads. I only own one for brass and broadheads. Unless you want to invest in a serious scale like ohaus or commercial equivilent, I say save your money. I can trickle a load faster on a beam any day. Your house power cleanness, dryers running, or even wind has a huge effect on these micro transducers type scales. Again you get what you paid for. I am a EE, and do alot of work on transduces, so I do know how sensitive they are.

Take it for what its worth.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
bigcountry

Here is a fine setup. Even comes with a manual, all you need is set of calibers, and I suggest a trickler. And dies of course.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RCBS-ROCK-CHUCKER-SUPREME-MASTER-RELOADING-KIT-NIB_W0QQitemZ7144046581QQihZ015QQcategoryZ71120QQs sPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for everything so far guys.

Does the RCBS Rock Chucker come with a case trimmer? I can't see it in the picture.

The Redding one is really pricy. Does it come on that round table bench or is that just for show?

Thanks
Tom
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM
bigcountry

That kit doesn't come with one.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

What does a typical case trimmer cost?

Is there anything else missing out of the kit that I'll need other than the dies and shell holders? I'm trying to comparison shop.

Is there any reason that I shouldn't get the Lyman press. It seems more complete for only $20 more. Is the Rock Chucker that much better of a press that I should get it and fork over the extra cash for the case trimmer?

Thanks

Tom
Old 07-06-2006, 01:12 PM
bigcountry

Well I really can't comment on lymans. Might be great. Never had one. I have experience with dillion, lee, RCBS and hornady. The lymans press is not a common one.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the case trimmer you select doesn't come with pilots for the various calibers you wish to reload, you'll need to get them before you can trim cases. If I remember right, I believe I had to buy them individually for my Forster, but that was quite a while ago..................
Old 07-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does Midwayusa have people there that "really" know what they are talking about or am I going to get someone that is reading off a computer screen?

Anybody know what a case trimmer should run and if I have to buy the "pilots"?

Thanks

Tom

Quick Reply: Made the decision; Now Need Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.