Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Made the decision; Now Need Help >

Made the decision; Now Need Help

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Made the decision; Now Need Help

Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 AM

Default RE: Made the decision; Now Need Help

Good looking setup, can't see any reason it won't work for you.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:08 PM

the way I see it,if your happy than to hell with what others might think..

looks real good to me..You did a darn nice job...
Old 03-11-2008, 02:36 PM

Thats almost exactly the way i have mine set up except i dont have the trimmer and powder on my piece of wood. All i did was mount the piece of wood to a desk. I did the clamp thing for a while but then i broke my table in half so i couldnt do that anymore. Ended up drilling it to a desk today and i've already loaded 50 22hornet rounds!
Good Luck to You and have fun
Deric
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM

Check out the Dillon 550B. Great press, and they stand behind their equipment. 9 times out of 10 that I have had a problem, they have talked me through it over the phone, or sent me a new part absolutely free. These are great folks to deal with. You won't be sorry you went with Dillon.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Looks like this kit you lpicked will serve you well for now. Single stage presses are best for loading most rifle where you aren't shooting a ton of ammo. If you decide to later increase your production rate, look real hard at the Dillon 550. I have one set up for 223 and a Dillon 650 with case feeder for 9MM. They both will load up a boat load of ammo in a short amount of time. RCBS 2000 and the Hornady LNL Progressive is also an excellent choice. Welcome to one of the most satisfying hobbies your ever have. The only problem that I've found after 40 years of reloading, you want more and more. If you don't start loading pistol, you can do real nicely with your setup. Again, welcome. We are nice folks and are willing to share our knowledge just for the asking.