Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Bought a gun,won't sit for weeks!!! >

Bought a gun,won't sit for weeks!!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Bought a gun,won't sit for weeks!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Bought a gun,won't sit for weeks!!!

There was a gun show here this weekend and i felt it was my duty not to walk out of there empty handed. This was the first gun I have ever bought since all this registration B.S. came in. So i picked up a .17 hmr which was not too bad of a deal i was thinking.....Well first they tax the piss and vinegar out of you. Next they stick you with this 25 dollar registration fee. Now as i recall correctly i had to pay something like 60 dollars to get my accuasiton card in the first place, why should i have to pay everytime I use the thing. Oh here is the best part. I have to get on the phone with this woman in some little cubical who knows where and she asks me my full name, birthdate address etc. She said i had to confirm this was you buying the gun. Well lady i feel more stupid for even talking to you. My buddy there with me could have given that exact same information. Its just like an underaged drinker with a fake id, the bar tender will ask them a few questions which they have prepared for and give the answers quickly. I am really upset if the $25 i had to pay for registartion fee goes to this ladies paycheck so that she can ask me questions that half my hometown knows the answer too. Ended up payin another 90 dollars or so for tax and this other b.s....they really bent me over hard, and like i say i won't be able to sit down for weeks........
Old 03-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bought a gun,won't sit for weeks!!!

There was some decent buys at the show this year on guns,etc...only thing I picked up was some 777 powder for my ML.

Adminstration cost is what is refered to and really no different than almost anything the gov't has there hand in. The place where that woman asked you the stupid questions was the Job Creation by the liberals in Miramachi, NB head office for the CFC. The fact that it pissed you off is exactly what the liberals want, next time you'll think twice about buying another gun due to the "Hassle Factor" involved. Hey they win either way, either you pay or less guns in our homes...effecient or what!!!! It's called got you by the short and curly's and well the only hope for change it to vote when the election is called this year for a party that does favor this stupid gun reg system.

On the positive not enjoy your new toyand go give them little pests hell!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 01:25 PM

Default RE: Bought a gun,won't sit for weeks!!!

skeeter got it right, short and curly's. Wish someone could get Al Rock by the short and curly's, political piece of useless junk. [:'(]

Anyway the lady you spoke to was only doing her job. They are usually quite pleasent and nice to talk to. I don't agree with the $25, seems like robbery. But atleast they were working and contributing to the support of the government instead of getting a free handout staying at home, watching a big screen tv waiting for the checque in the mail.

Enjoy the new toy, I recently picked up a 300wbymag I can't wait to try.