Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

been 3 weeks

Old 05-11-2006, 09:34 AM

Default been 3 weeks

and playin' with jason's camera

Old 05-11-2006, 09:43 AM

Default RE: been 3 weeks

felt good to shoot. its a 2 finger pure bt release and you can see from the last pic on the right in the 2nd to last row, to the first pic on the left in the last row that the movment is the release elbow moving about an inch to the left in a horizontal plane to the arrow - which in that pic is no longer on the string. its quite a camera. you can actually see, if you have good eyes, 2 shots of the arrow after it left the string and before it hits the target at 20 yds doing around 290 fps
Old 05-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: been 3 weeks

Very cool, I have done a lot of work with video in the last month or so and it is amazing what you can uncover and see with that. Try taking video from the side of you of a closeup of the point of your arrow contrasting against a wall or something on the other side of you while going through and executing a shot w/ back tension........you can clearly watch yourself pulling through the shot when you do this and can see the point of the arrow pulling back. It is amazing to see yourself do this......you can actuallysee if you are starting/stopping the pull or if you are really trusting the float. Can't cheat the camera......

I will have to post up some video in my journal in the next week or so. Once the range goes in at the shop I will have a lot more time to shoot but in the last 2 weeks I have been buried in work at the shop and the range isn't done yet so I can't shoot during down time.