Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 03-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Picture of mount from 04 hunt, hopefully!

Old 03-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the bull! i hope and take it that some of the pages of info made it back to NCA. Lets face it you were lucky enough to arrive during prime time and i can assure you it isint like that every year . as i said before when the bou are there everything is peachy. NCA have made there share of enemies due to how they treated there clients.i hunted with them twice and never herd a word from them since. i still get info from other hunts i went on years ago so i know they could care less. i get the feeling and was told by the guides at NCA that there is a never ending supply of hunters that want this cheap hunt. basically its like saying screw you if you dont like it. i still feel they are a cheeso operation and would never spend my money there again.didnt have any help from the guides and rarely saw them. the only time i saw a guide was when a set of one of there antlers was stolen and they said i couldnt leave for home till they said it was o.k. and the game wardens checked everones gear. it was clearly a bunch of unhappy hunters who stayed and had left before us. this happened our second year going. the first year the guide ron did shoot the only cow in camp that week.its nice when the guide gets his . i thought that was strange!!! when you are in camp there are so many so i guess they cant help eveyone. by the way if you are diligent with the phone calls you can get into the mirage. i have passed on a couple opportunities so i know it can be done.i cant understand how the mirage keeps being brought up like this 5 star hotel . they provide a bed and hot meals if you like and thats it! no different than the others.some guys make it seem like they are really a tougher hunter by not staying there. lets face it its all about the price and availability. im sure we have all roughed it from time to time .AS FAR AS NORTHERN CARIBOU ADVENTURES I WOULD RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN! IVE BEEN THERE DONE THAT![:'(]
Old 03-19-2005, 08:18 PM

cwcjr119 - NICE BULL....I bet you saw hundreds of VERY nice ones like that didn't you? Do you have pictures of the others bulls? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Nice bull---cwccjr119. 3 of us are going up to NCA 11/20/05-----the same week you went last year. I've tried for 3 years to get into Mirage-----said the heck with it & book this year at NCA.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Spike

Liquid, Thanks for response. I by no means am giving NCH a ringing endorsement. I cannot disagree that their overall approach is kind of like running cattle through a feedlot. I was a bit uneasy that they took all of our money without even sending us a timely reciept. Basically you are buying a warm place to lay out your sleeping bag for 3 days and the right to hunt for 4 days. That's it. Anyone that reads this shouldn't expect a lot more. Go to any of these outfits prepared to be pretty much self sufficient. That said we are all taking a chance on the timing and if we are lucky and the bou are in, it's a great time.

mullis, We saw a lot of very nice bulls I took a whole roll of pix. Unfortunately I hadn't used the camera in a couple years and when I loaded the film I didn't wind it far enough. What a dissapointment!

Colorado Bob, Good luck next year, If the bou are in it's a great time. All of the advise in this thread about vehicle preparedness is right on. Where you live you know that already. NCA is a place to stay and an outfitter to let you hunt. They do have showers now. Other than that be prepared to be on your own. If the animals are close to the road it's pick and choose and that time most bulls still have antlers. Bye the way I'm thinking about planning a colorado hunt in the future, can you give me some advise. Iv'e talked to Wilderness Trails Ranch in your area. What do you think? If you get a chance I'm [email protected], Thanks
Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.caribou-hunt-quebec.com/g...conditions.htm im looking at this alternative for next year.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:37 PM

Liquid - I am booking the same hunt for this year or 2007 through another booking agent for Safari Nordik. He is giving us the full deal for $3995 at the drop camp.....if we book now or $4795 at the drop camp. He requires $800 deposit. If you are serious about this lets book together as we have 2 of us and maybe another and if we get 6 to book we can save another $200 per hunter. Please e-mail and we can talk further: [email protected] or [email protected]. I think we may go this year vs. 2007. 2006 we are going to Newfoundland for Moose, Woodland Caribou and Bear.

THANKS!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:13 PM

hey mullis56-who are you hunting with for moose,caribou in newfoundland in 2006? have hunted up there since 1998 and just want to compare notes.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:22 PM

Going with RiverRun Outfitters. Who do you go with? What size of bull have you/your group got in the past several years? Going up with a group of guys who went up this year and did moose only....all tagged out. 2 good bulls out of 6 guys. 44" and 41", good as far as Newfoundland standards go.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

sorry it took me so long to notice this post

i went with mirage two falls ago, 3rd week of november hunt right at thanksgiving..... saw approx. 10000 caribou, a wolverine, a couple fox, and tons of ptarmigan. filled both my tags on day one. mirage was awesome. great meals, nice rooms, hot showers, saunas, everything. nice people too. ya dont need a guide, but i would rent the snow maching, which i think was around $130 a day, not sure. ill try to attach a pic of my big one, if this darn computer will let me.

nope, no pic...wont work.

if you have the chance to go, do it, its awesome
brad
by the way, if anyone wants to see a pic of my bulls, email me and i will email them to ya

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.