Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Crossbow Users...

Old 08-23-2003, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Crossbow Users...

well dobber is your ignorance is leagle..... you may think you are a bow hunter but you are not . you cannot shoot migratory game birds with a crossbow but you can with a compound bow.... you cannot shoot carp and course fish with a crossbow but you can with a compound bow ..... so the govermnet(ontario) still hasnt given crossbow shooters yet everything ...... just another fellow crosbow shooter filling you in on some stuff people dont know or are out of the loop
Old 08-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Turk_man & bgunner both you surprised me. I did not think that name calling was needed, and Dobbers response was right on with the thread, your just so closed minded that you can' t see his thoughts.

bgunner you should contact CFC and ask them to tell you what archery equipment is for Canada. Crossbows will be listed. That means that the highest court in Canada believes that crossbows are archery equipment.

Do a history check, crossbows were also in the archery family before compounds were thought of being developed. Therefore if you exclude crossbows, then compounds would be excluded,but on NO!!!!!!!!!!!! you can' t do that because that is what you use. Anti-crossbowers are starting to sound like anti-hunters for their blindsided statements (only see one side) and intentionally missleading statements (incorrect facts on crossbows) to put fear into people that do not know or understand crossbows.

To bad it is a shame that there are people like that in the hunting family. If it is not my way, then it is not way !!!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:44 AM

i have never owned or shot a crossbow but believe and have always said that when i get where i cannot pull and hold my 70# compound, i would consider buying a crossbow.here in ms. it is lawful to use a crossbow if you are disabled or age 65.i hope i never have to buy one.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:09 AM

Old 08-23-2003, 03:48 PM

grumpy tom i dont give a rats behind what the cfc says the mnr will charge you for shooting fish with a crossbow . it is not inthere definition a bow and arrow it is bolt and a bow . and for shooting ducks and geese with one that to is a defenant no no it is 100% illeagle. untill these to laws are changed then it cannot be archery equipment now can it ..
Old 08-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Spike

Well i see the name calling has begun. Turk-Man : if you read any of the following posts after the first you shall see that my reply is right on the money as to what the discussion has been. I didn' t reply the first time i followed the thread, i waited until a few people decided to tell others what their ethics were. Who cares what its called as long as its legal, thers no sense fighting to remove it from the laws, if you fight that battle then its not what you win its what your going to lose that bothers me. Legally you need to shoot a deer with nothing less than a .223, so the same arguement could be made whether or not my 30-06 is overkill. Heck thats a great fight for the Anti' s to grab a hold of, just like they are trying to do with all semi auto guns. People need to either agree or disagree with the laws, just remember who you voted for and if they are helping or hindering.

bgunner : Your spelling leads me to believe your ignorance is fitting.
I shoot a recurve 69# with a 31" draw and you?
oh i also shoot a Jennings Ulta force and yes i do own a crossbow as well. Guess its like my choice in guns, different tools for a different situation. School is an awful thing to waste bgunner.

Bet most people don' t know that more accidents are made with compound bows than with crossbows. Don' t have to take my word on it, just check your shooting range and look up at the roof, there not from any crossbows.

With a hint of sarcasm " can' t we all just get along!"
Old 08-24-2003, 06:27 PM

well dobber if i thought spelling would make a difference i would have used spell check. As for school i have a college education, i also did not know that you were a teacher . I shoot nothing but a crossbow ,i have a bad back (chipped vert) .like i said in my post untill the government both prov and feds change all the laws they we (crossbow )shooter have a black mark on our sport . you say archery is crossbows to then why does both prov and feds say different , can you tell me why ??? . I am a proud crossbow shooter, but it may be guys like you that think that we can do everything a long bow shoot can and we cant cause the government wont lets us mabey we should get together and change some of them laws
Old 08-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Spike

by your own " proof" crossbows aren' t archery equipment due to not being able to shoot migratory birds and coarse fish. If my area doesn' t allow bow hunting coarse fish is my compound still archery equipment? Also i believe the rules state that you can' t shoot at migratory birds with a single projectile, and i believe an arrow is a single projectile.
I shall bring another law thats just come into place within the past few months, its same sex weddings. Do i agree, no my personal morales and ethics tell me something is wrong with it but the Feds and Prov tell me its ok. I have a hard time believing either the Feds (scrap the GST, Gun registry) or the Provincial (ban the spring bear hunt) but since i can buy my second tag deer tag for an archery only area, why do they let me use a crossbow if i so choose? Now maybe you can tell me why?
As for guys like me, well not sure what you mean by that. If you know me by my posts then you should realize i take exception to slob hunters, road hunters, poachers, unsafe handling of firearms. I do however try to lead by example as to what to shoot and what to let go as it could be a low percentage shot. I have missed deer and i have hit 2 deer that i couldn;t find, i still remember the details of them 2 hunts more than any of my successful hunts.
Could you please explain to me where the spell check is as i like to use it every now and then, more often than not though i rely on my own mind, it sure helps out when i don' t have a computer to do my work for me.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:36 PM

Since it`s become clear that to voice an opinion that does not follow the Party line is a sin against the great crossbow god, I with save my breath and post elsewhere in other forums.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

you say archery is crossbows to then why does both prov and feds say different
BGUNNER I have asked you earlier to check into the CFC and see what is classed as archery equipment. If you had, you would have found out that the federal government classes crossbows as archery equipment. But instead you continue to spout statements like you did above.

Turk_man, I have nothing against your statments or ideas. But I do have a problem with anyone that spouts mistruths, misleading statements and name calling.

Quick Reply: Crossbow Users...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.