ordering rifle scopes from usa >

ordering rifle scopes from usa

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

ordering rifle scopes from usa

Old 06-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default ordering rifle scopes from usa

Here is what must be done inorder to obey the Import/Export laws of Canada & The U.S. for those who wish to order Rifle Scopes from the U.S.

Importing & Exporting into Canada

The rules have changed for exporting firearms parts into Canada. We must now get export authorization for shipping both barrels and scopes to Canada. With barrels we are required to get an export license from the U.S. State Department. In the past Canada was exempt from this requirement but we now must get the license as we do with all other foreign countries. With scopes we are also required to get export authorization but it is through the Department of Commerce.

Before we are able to apply for an export license the end user (the purchaser) must get import authorization from the Canadian government. Individual purchasers may get this authorization on their own or to avoid the paperwork you may place an order through one of the importers listed below. Here are the steps to get that paperwork:

The document is an International Import Certificate issued by;

Export Controls Division (EPE), Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Export & Import Controls Bureau
P.O. Box 481, Station "A"
Ottawa ON K1N 9K6
Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 PM

Default RE: ordering rifle scopes from usa

if you live close enough to the border and have a friend on the US side just have everything sent to his/her address drive over and get it. Pay the duty on it and be on your way.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ordering rifle scopes from usa

yes u r right , if u have a friend close by ...but most of us live far away from the border,and with the price of gas these day's ?????? my problem will be solved soon they are building a BASS PRO SHOP near my town [MIRABEL] so i won't have to bother with importing from the states..