Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Rifle Scopes >

Rifle Scopes

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rifle Scopes

Old 09-25-2002, 11:57 AM
Spike

Default Rifle Scopes

I am starting my search for a new rifle scope for my Rem 7mm Ultra Mag. I am looking at Leupold VX III and the Zeiss Conquest at this time. I'm thinking a 4.5-14 power or something in that area for western Elk hunting with an adjustable objective lense. Feed back on these or other scopes would by helpful.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:57 PM

Default RE: Rifle Scopes

I have VIII in 3.5x10. Great scope. I'm sure others are better but I'll stick with Leopold. I've got 4 of them and never had a real problem with any of them.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would choose the ziess due to better lense coatings.Leupolds are fine scopes but with their japanese lenses they are just not as bright as the ziess scopes.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:36 PM

I would choose Zeiss over Leupold. I don't have anything against Leupold but Zeiss scopes are very bright, very clear, and crisp. German optics are the best for a reason.

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!
Old 09-26-2002, 01:51 AM

I would choose the Leupold because I believe the overall construction to be higher quality. The zeiss may have better lens but that's only about 1% of what a scope should do.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:10 AM

stubblejumper...

are those zeiss conquests a 1" or 30mm tube?

Old 09-26-2002, 05:10 AM

Go with the Zeiss, they are definitely clearer than the Leupold.However if eye relief is an issue the Leupold is hard to beat.

The Conquest to my knowledge has 1" tubes.

Old 09-26-2002, 05:46 AM

The Conquest does have a 1" tube. I just purchased one about a month ago for my Mod 70 7mm Rem. Mag. So far so good. I really haven't been able to tell if it is really any clearer than a Leupold yet. My stepfather has a Vari III 3.5-10x50 and I think I will put my 4.5-14x44 up against his sometime this week and see if you can really tell a difference. All and all, I dont think that the average hunter will be able to tell a difference between the two other than the $100-200 differecne. I really love my Conquest and all the features it has but I would have prefered a different reticle. And Leupolds reticle options are extremely good compared to most manufacturers. It all boils down to what you want and where you want to put however much money you wish to spend. Oh, another thing. Some people would not buy anything if it weren't made in the USA, Leupold definitely fits in to that catagory, but what surprised me what the the Conquest was assembled (parts, such as glass and inner workings I am sure are still foreign) in the USA as well. Whether or not the makes a difference. Hope this helps....

"Clutz by Nature, Hospitalized by Fate..."

Pyral
Old 09-26-2002, 06:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-26-2002, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pyral-Leupold are assembled in america using japanese lenses.Some of the ziess models are also assembled in america but use better lenses made in europe.So as far as buying american made products neither is totally manufactured in america but both are assembled in america.All of the american assembled ziess scopes have 1" tubes.Some of the conquest models actually have more eye relief than the leupold scopes.

Quick Reply: Rifle Scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.