2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

test
Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

GRRRRRRRRRRR I can't post more tha 5 words!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Hope this works...my summer in a nutshell:

New baby
New bow
shooting lots of gophers
ready for the season
will post soon if this site lets me
new spotting scope getting tonight
great pics sask
Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

[:@][:@]I write a novel and the site fails on me AHHHHHHHH!!! Hope all is well with all you guy's! lets ge tthe pics & stories going again!! 2008 season is almost here
Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

JD,

Congrats on the new baby!

6 more sleeps till bow season!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

THX, now I need more guns for the boys! sorry for the short bursts but it seems to work best lately.HOLY CRAP!! is it really that close?? I'm going to try for Elk this year, a buddy knows someone that owns some land and they are having a "problem" with them...hopefully the DXT will connect. Not that it will happen but it should be fun tryingsaw a monster whitetail on Sunday but he was in the city. Great to see, I see you have some deer already sized up, good on ya, put one down!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, bow season kicks off August 25th up here.

ORIGINAL: JD IN ALBERTA

THX, now I need more guns for the boys!
I could think of worse problems to have

Good luck with the new bow. Are you going after mulies again this year?

I'm going to try for an elk this year too, but I might cheat and use the thunderstick. Those two mulies have pulled a Houdini on me since the hayfield they were feeding in got cut. I've found a few more that would do nicely but nothing like those big bucks Skeeter chases back home.

good luck again, keep us posted.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

It looksas thoughI maybea weekenddeer hunter this fall, my hunting holiday reserved for 8 days in bush after moose in Oct(draw). Going to head out with the bow for elk on the weekends this year. If I don't connect I maybe forced to a couple days with the big stick around the weekends[:@].

Gotmy 338wm printing well under 225gr Nosler's, she's readyfor moose and if need be anything else I may point it at. Seena nice choclate bear on our pocket of oats at elk camp a few weekends ago when I preped for archery elk.Been watching agood whitetail in SMZ &seena potential starsunday evening..little to dark to confirm just yet. Saw a dandy in 29e a few times as well, whitetail. Only 1 good mulie so farout that way though, weird. I Haven't really had the time this year to be in the field as much as I'd like or normal. I really need to find some time soon....[&:]

Best of luck fella's.

Congrats JD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guy's...things were dodgy witht this one, had his heart on the wrong side! but all is well so far...he'll be going in for surgery in due time to fix the problem (growth on/in his lung that pushed over the heart), we're praying for the best. Yup I'm going for Mulies too but probably not as much since the gas prices are stupid and our spot is 2 hours away. This new land is more in the foothills so it holds all kinds of critters. I'm just hoping to see something nice enough skeeter would pass upGot a new spotter last night and is she sweet!! 7 days from NY to Calgary! Gotta get a tripod & window mount (B-day is in 1 month) but i'll but it now. I'll definately take lots of pics this year so everyone do the same. And Skeeter, for Gods sake keep a camera in your pocket this season!!![:-]
Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 AM

Hey fellas, congrats on the baby jd, will be thinkin of the little guy. Busy summer here seismic, bee keepin, farming and now school. I drew both elk and moose close to home out the back door so i got pretty lucky. Elk gets rockin on the 3rd. Hung a stand yesterday in a big spruce in a primo spot. I can see quite a ways over looking the river so i expect that to be golden for the 7mm. I will take a climber in tomorrow and put it another km deeper along the same river. have the tree picked out and the trail opened up so should be laughing. Only problem is not time this year. Teaching and coaching football doesn't leave me much but will do my best.Haven't looked at a decent buck this year at all,numbers are waayyy down.As for elk seeing some satelites hold up with cows now so only a matter of time b4 they get run off andbig daddy shows up. Should be hunting just when the rut is going strong.Really pumped about that stand i hung though going to see all kinds of animals in that spot, lots of moose sign as well so i should come out with some good footgae and pics.

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.