2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 03-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Took out the whole fam dam...Good stuff SB! Congrats to the Mrs.

Been windy (as usual) and above zero so it's been going pretty fast around here. Snow in the shaded areas/bush still but hill tops and anything that is getting some wind its brown not white. Nowhere near what you've got. I heardin the South the gophers are out??? I haven't seen anything like that around here yet but the geese are comin back!

Yeah we got snow yesterday and last night but it was sunny and windy today..gone bye bye.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Got to take the new DXT out last weekend for gophers, already broke her in with a bunch of kills!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

picked up some new arrows on line too, just waiting for all my accessories & a quiver to complete the pkg. I love this thing, it's amazing how my groups have shrunk at all ranges. I guess new is better

Old 03-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

After a few hours with the bow, I had to try my new loads out on the .223 (can't forget about it since I haven't hada ton of time to play with it) R7w/ 40 gr. V-max & nosler BT's Pop goes the weasel!!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

Jd
Now you can tighten your groups even more,just do your self a favor and get rid of the whisker biscuit. You'll gain 5 fps too and save on your feathers or veins also. You'll also not lose confidence in the feathers wearing down in turn will make your shot off as they wear. I shot the Whisker biscuit for 4 years and was bugged by friends who used the drop away rest to be rid of it.Well I finally lost mine 2 years ago while on an Elk hunt and bought a drop away and haven't looked back. The Drop aways they make now can almost hold your arrow as tight as the whisker biscuit,so theres no use for them anymore. If you don't believe me do a search in the forums and read what the guys say in there. Nice looking bow and a lefty at that
Rocky
Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Rocky, I useda p2 rongon my last bow and have found I like the fact I can stalk without my arrow falling off with the WB. I'll use it this season and see how it goes but I do appreciate the tip. I know the fall aways are better but for me the WB is the Cats ass.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

JD them deer better watch out this fall.

What z up!!! You shoot a bow left but rifle right? Being left eye dominant I shoot both off the south side, howeverI do everything else right.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

Skeeter...ya I'm a wierdo that way! Right for everyhing except hockey & archery! WTF?? The left eye dominance is amazing how it screws with your system. Been shedding? We got another 6" of snow today so no gophers or sheds for me this weekend[:@]

Hia...how did you get a new Tundra up? I saw they weren't allowed in due to the fact they had no immobilizer. Just wondering since I bought my Tacoma and did some research.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:27 AM

Jd it seems like everyone I talk to tells me something different about this process lol. I saw on the gov import page that yes toyota vehicles would need the electronic imobilization system updated etc. Also if not done by the factory the modification could not be honered thus not making them acceptable. I am thinking this is for the yotas made over seas possibly? I called a dealer in Kalispell and asked if their tundras had the EIS system that was up to the canadian standards and he said yes. The tundras sold in theUS have the same EIS system that the tundras in canada do. They are all made in texas so why would they make 2 different systems. that was the way it was explained to me. He has sold quite a few tundras to canadians lately and not heard anything bad back so everything should work out. I called the Canadian border crossing where i will be jumping and they told me an 08 tundra is acceptable and I called Canadian Tire where i must get it saftied and they cannot see why it wouldn't pass the safety. But stranger things have happened and my luck is not always the best. I am goin with my research and the people i have spoken with on the phone, hope it is accurate.How deep did you check into it JD? Now you got me worrying again. But like i say if the guy has been selling tundras left and right to canadians one would think someone would have let him know back that the deal was a no go once they got it into canada.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

I saw it was restricted page & I pretty much gave up, but I do know a guy who brought back 3 (Subarus). I wasn't willing to do all the work he did. So I definately don't want to scare you off. I was just wondering because I thought if it was on the list, there was no way of getting it here. Let me know how it all goes and good luck!

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.