2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Managed to get these 2 going for ya Rocky. Nice looking bow.

Skeet, Will be back in town somewhere around the 29th or 30th (probably the evening of the 29th)and leaving again on the 6th or 7th (likely the 7th). Either way sounds good by me. We'll have to sort something out.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Saska

Thanks a ton my Friend,if you have a minute email me on how you can post pictures in succession like you do on photo bucket if you don't mind. Man is it snowing here and is supposed to continue for the next 3 days. I'm off to the Sportsman show tomorrow to see all the new toys a guy can waste his money on,. Hope u n Skeeter can hook up, just don't leave him in the bush, bears are out n about[:'(],plus the bear would probably bring him back up,LMAO.
Rocky
Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Sask I knew it was just a matter of time till we get some good pics of your findings. Well done!
Rocky, is that the Alpine quiver? I'm looking at putting one on my new rig but I'm waiting to see whats new this year, heard there is some cool stuff coming out this month. Still leaning towards the Alpine as price is good and it's looks reliable & quiet. What's your thoughts?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

When are you guys gonna fire up the " 2008 Canadian Whitetails Thread"?

JD you may give the Treelimb quivers a look, I tested one last season and liked it quite a bit. Super adjustable and quiet
Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

JD
Yeah it is the Alpine,I have the 5 arrow quiveron myPatriot and love it's quietness and how it acts as a shock absorber also. Very easy on and off too with out a sound, just a quick twist and it's off. Tried the 101st Airborne that everyone is talking about, in my mind I would never be able to use it as I can barley pull it back, LMAO. Man is it tight and the General I just fell in love withat the Sportsman show. Got to meet the fella that shot that monster 283Whitetail 100 miles north of here,his 1st shot went through the antler as he turned at the shot. I really didn't think it scored that high. Just amess ofpoints though, not that wide neither so I guess where he scored was with all the mass.
Rocky
Old 03-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Pete, I've seen those on E-bay but not in person. I noticed some are much heavier than others so I'd definately like to have it in my hands prior to purchasing one. Thanks for the heads up! I'll add it to the list to look at. I'm a fickler for looks so I'm looking for something in the Lost camo pattern and the Alpine is the only one so far that has it.
Rocky, I shot it too and it had a draw I wasn't crazy about either, nice bow but just not for me. Is that w.t. the one shot on Wild TV? I've seen pics and it looks like a brute. How's the new bow review going & how exactly do you get to be part of the hunting staff?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

JD

I'm not sure if thats the buck or not,but he was wearing the Wild TV shirt in a booth that didn't belong to Wild TV. That was a ways from the booth he was in, so maybe it was
About the The Hunting Staff thing ,well I'd applied last year and was to late to be taken into consideration and he asked for me to resubmit my application this year. I went through a few phone call interviews and then submitted stories Id written for 3 different magazine's that were publishedand gave him a few chapters that a book I'm writing to read over.I also told him that I'd had hunted ,Idaho, Saskatchewan, BC ,Alberta and am planning a mule deer hunt in Mexico this fall. Plus I'm planning to hunt all 5 Alberta big game species here in Alberta for the review on the bow for him. I guess he liked what I gave him and he took me on. That's about it I guess, and I got the idea from the fellas on line like Meanv , Rob, Matt.Rob was a little help in telling me on when to apply. So hopefully I can live up to their expectations, i'll tell you,if I even get 3 of the animals I want to get ,I'd be thankful
Rocky
Old 03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thenew addition to my hunting rig. Real dedication! What do you think?

Old 03-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Early

I'm working with The bow Zone site trying to get them to produce the same but only The Edmonton Bow Zone with the Canadian Flag on it. I got my wraps done up as I just indicated ,bye the way it looks good and yes I know your dedicated[8D]What week you coming up this year?
Rocky
Old 03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rocky, what exactly is The Bow Zone site? Anyway, I'll be hunting the last week in Nov (22-29) as per Lesley's advice.What do you think? Better chance for cold and or snow/better movement, that's for sure.

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.