2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Default RE: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

ORIGINAL: early in

He's a real nice buck Brandon! But I have to ask, with three other bucksof that caliber at 30yrds or under, why didn't you shoot the 150" or 160"? Just curious. I'm sure there's a good reason.
Well, it is because the first buck come through and I passed him... he was the smallest buck.... behind him was the buck I shot.... behind him was "JR" as I called him, and behind him was "Big Boy" and the two bigger bucks dodged my stand right behind me and fish hooked behind some thick spruce... never got me a chance to shoot... mine at 4 yards is hard to pass.
Just found out today that the landowner shot the big buck 3 times... on different days and never found him... hope that bruiser lived...
I was a little disapointed today.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

ORIGINAL: XtremelyAlberta

ORIGINAL: early in

He's a real nice buck Brandon! But I have to ask, with three other bucksof that caliber at 30yrds or under, why didn't you shoot the 150" or 160"? Just curious. I'm sure there's a good reason.
Well, it is because the first buck come through and I passed him... he was the smallest buck.... behind him was the buck I shot.... behind him was "JR" as I called him, and behind him was "Big Boy" and the two bigger bucks dodged my stand right behind me and fish hooked behind some thick spruce... never got me a chance to shoot... mine at 4 yards is hard to pass.
Just found out today that the landowner shot the big buck 3 times... on different days and never found him... hope that bruiser lived...
I was a little disapointed today.
He shot him, or shot at him 3 times? Also, what was he hunting with, gun or bow? If it was with a gun, heshould find another sport to pursue.