2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Hey guys, here's a few sheds i've found so far this year. The whitetails are definately dropping now. The cold weather has made sheddin' a bitmiserable but it'll warm up eventually. anybody else finding any?

the old camera wasn't in the mood so I didn't get atl's.
first set was found together

second set was found about 100yards apart.

last is a single from a grain pile. Not the biggest antler but probably the darkest i've ever found

Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice sheds Sask, thanks for sharing them.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Good Going Sask
Hopefully I'll get out on my day off tomorrow to find some.Getting antsy sitting around with all this cold,5 consecutive days of-40 plus,not good for the bod. Supposed to let up to -7 by Wednesday,should be for better trekking. Good luck looking and thanks for sharing bud.
Rocky
How much snow do you have up in your area Sask?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Typical Buck

Nice sheds Sask! I'm still seeing the mulies & WT's in our areas packin, the next couple of weeks they should really start dropping. Too bad I'll be in Vegas at least there are a couple of hunting stores there to remind me of shedding in the cold[:'(]

Problem:
Sold my bow last week and it's time for a new one, damn I'm so confused. So many to chose from but not many in stock to try for a leftie. The Bowtechs are nice but I'd like to try some Diamonds & Mathews, hopefullyI can find some down there to try out. Thought I was sold on the General but hate to buy without giving the others a shot first. Any of you guy's have some advice?

Got baby #2 on the way toohopefully another jr. hunter!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

YF, tell me about it!I never thought I'd see the day when i hoped forit to warm up to-25 so that it would be nice enough to go outside[:'(]

JD, congrats on future addition to the family. I can't offer much help on the bow. Iwas looking at the bowtechs last fall and I think i'll probably go with one of them if i get back into bowhunting this year (i hope).
Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

JD, congrats on your 2nd baby.I doesn't get any better!
Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

JD

Man that is one sweet bow the General by Bowtech, a friend just got one and he loves the idea of the 8 1/4 brace,very forgiving bow. I just got on with Bowtech & Diamond as part of the Hunting Staff. I'll be doing a story on the newmidrange bow called The Rock. I'll be submitting it to a bunch of different internets sites for their qualms and complaints. So all I have now is The Patriot and The Rock from Diamond. The Patriot was Bowtechs best bow of the year in 03.Try The Black Ice& Marquies also from Diamond. Guys love em. The marquies is the fastest of theDiamond line, but to me it carries a few extra pounds I feel I needn't carry. The Rock is the second fastest ,lightest,which I like for climbing mountains with and walking coulies for Mulies and Antelope.When down in Vegas you should have the opertunity totry them all out. Best of luck bud ,hope I've bin of some assitance.
Rocky
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Nice sheds. sure wish it would warm up around here.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Went out today and found this

Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 PM

A friend of mine and I are going to be hunting in Sask this Nov 16-22. We booked this trip at an outfitter that will put us in Preeceville hunting in the Porcupine forest in what I'm told is during peak rut. This is my first trip to Sask and want to get the most out of it as possible. Thanks for the insight here. Any other info would be helpful. Any advice?

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.