Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

hey Dan the man from Chelan.. my phone died.. sorry to bother you here, but if you see this call me man! ..

SKEETER..if you talk to Dan will you tell him to give me a jingle... same # but I lost all my cell data... grrrrrrr thanks Skeet...
Old 05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for calling Dan, nice chatting with you last night. See you in about 4 months!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Saskabush

Spiddle, I can't really answer the first part of your question but the roads in Sask are hit and miss. Sometimes they're allright, sometimes they're terrible. At least in the fall the potholes should have been filled.

I just got back to alberta after spending the last couple of weeks in Sask. Went down thru and spent the night in Anaroid and Assinbole and spent about a week in Willow Bunch. The roads really, really, really sucked unless your on a main hwy like #1. I drove from Willow Bunch up thru moose jaw and regina and left Porcipine Plains last night. The roads coming out of Porcipine plains sucked big time with red flagging along the asphalt,stone, pothole voids. Nasty conditions driving. I drove 12 hours yesterday clinching the steering wheel driveing back thru freezing rain, snow, rain and hail and 80 k gust. It seemed like anything that could come out of the sky did, except a 747. I had to pull off at a ranchers property somewhere between Swift current and Medicine Hat and parked my truck and caught some zzz's after nodding off a few times. There is something to be desired with the roads in Sask, but also there is very little money avaliable from ranchers and farmers to show a profit to generate enough taxes to provide enough taxes to fix roads that aren't used that much.
Shed, if you make up somewhere between montana and alberta, pm me and I'll give ya my cell and we'll do some catch up.

Bobby
Old 05-27-2007, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: 121553
left Porcipine Plains last night. The roads coming out of Porcipine plains sucked big time with red flagging along the asphalt,stone, pothole voids.
Thanks for the call bobby. I am 2 miles out of porcupine plain. And yes the highways are rude. Sooner stick to gravel and backroads. What were u doin up here anyways?
Old 05-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

ORIGINAL: 121553
left Porcipine Plains last night. The roads coming out of Porcipine plains sucked big time with red flagging along the asphalt,stone, pothole voids.
Thanks for the call bobby. I am 2 miles out of porcupine plain. And yes the highways are rude. Sooner stick to gravel and backroads. What were u doin up here anyways?
I been surverying and designing feed lots up to 25,000 head. I did several in southern alberta and some in Sask. near Aneriod/Hazelmore area and just did a 10 day project in Willowbunch. I might be back up to the Porcipine area after they move dirt when things dry out but in the mean time I'm flyin out of Kalispell, Mt. on wed. and visit relatives and do some fishing in fla. and N.C. and be back in July.
If and when I get back to Pockipine prarie we will hook up and suck one or two down.
Take care.

Bobby
Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

Thought I would pop in and see whats happenin! apparently not much in the past month...

Started scouting and training for sheep hunt this August, besides that I took 6'4'' black a couple weeks ago.

Hope alls well for everyone else!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Agaucher

Nice bear bud,how was his coat,any early signs of rubbing on it?
Youngfart
Old 06-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

No, no rubbing. Here in the Okanagan (Mid southern BC) we had an early spout of upper 30's temps. the bears rubbed, then regrew early this year.

I was lucky enough to take this boar once we regrew his summer coat. Althought it is not as long as a winter coat, it is very very full withno rubs at all.

furthermore, I measured his skull to find that he is BC book minimum! One inch short of boone and crockett

Cheers
Old 06-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats ag, thats a beautiful animal.

Man I miss BC, I moved out here 20yrs ago and everytime I tell someone that I moved east they look at me like I'm insane, then I have to explain that I was 13 at the time and my folks moved the family.
We used to vacation in the Okanagan valley, beautiful place.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats AG...been a long time for me too. Haven't been out much since summer is here but I finally got my PAL the other day. Got my blood running a little quicker since the season isn't far away. Anyone else hanging around the boards?

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.