Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 03-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

my new toy

Old 03-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

the local range

Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

Time to go home boys (.223 top/7mm Bot.) Hopefully I'll have some pics of tomorrow.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Re: "lands" the rifling! My results were the same as yours whenI seatedcloser to the "rifling" groups went to H in basket and iInoticedthe start ofpressure. Barnes appears to likea jump vs jacket bullets.

That is very nice first group. What combo(powder/gr of bullet/primer)produced that result?

Good stuff JD and hve fun tomorrow.

Our range is going to be closed for awhile, still a couple feet of snow on it and once that melts we'll have to pump it and let it dry out for awhile. StillI prep'd 100 brass tonight in anticipation!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

66 gr. of R22 & CCI primers (same load as the Noslers) I'm gonna load up the remaing bullets and see the results at 200. If they are as good as the bal. tips I'll probably try them this season. No great pics from the shoot sat. shot a bunch of gophers but the wind was howlin and made for a cold day. Thought the .223 would vaporize the little critters more but not a whole lot more than my .22 Mag or the .22 Hornet. Mind you I was tring 4 different types of heavier bullets, mostly HP's. Gonna start loading some 40 gr. TNT's and BT's to see how they produce results.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Gopher rig JD! Did you have any lucktracking down somesheds this weekend or were you having too much fun thumping gophers?

I found a few sheds this weekend but nothing spectacular. Still lots of snow on the ground.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

No sheds were found but we did pop 100 or so of them little critters! Here's a pic that was sent to me by e-mail, don't know anything about it though.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:14 AM

Cool pic jd, seen it floatin around here b4, pretty neat. It is possible a fella here who is a big fur buyer/coyote slayer has a stack of yotes each year than is 6ft high and spans the whole width of the photo no bs. He kills quite a few as well as travels all over sask/manitoba buying them. Ain't seen a yote here for quite a while though i do hear them yippin back in the swamp in the early evenings.Still a bit too much snow here yet to get around with the bike. The fields are fine but the roads to get to the fields as well as fenclines are drifted pretty bad. Yesterday i spent 30 minutes cruisn a field shed huntin then an hour shoveling my bike out when i started breaking through the skidoo trail on an old back road. Got off the bike and was up to my waist in snow, quad was hung up with a foot of space between the tires and the ground, a lot of shoveling and swearing i gotter out. Goin to wait a bit more b4 i try that again. lol. Goin out this afternoon again but to a spot that is a little easier to access.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

With all the snow you folks got (Alberta & Sask), do you think it could have an effect on antler size for the upcoming season?I was wondering if you allhibernated?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

All I know is I'm getting sick of seeing this white stuff[:@]When I want it in Oct. & Nov. it's nowhere to be seen! Don't think it'll have an effect on the antler size though.

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.