Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 12-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Haha! Try it in the peak of the mule deer rut for that extra high 'pucker factor' associated with never knowing when one of the 6 million deer in that valley will dart across the road.

Well guys, if it's something you're both genuinely interested in then put some thought to it over the next few months and if it still sounds like a good idea in the spring i'd be more than happy to start doing the leg work and gaining permission. Like I said before, if you provide the elk hunting expertise, i'll find the places. BTW, the office elk gurus claim the rut happens mid sept, rifle season starts sept 17th every year (archery in late august). Sunday hunting is allowed and the prevailing thought is get'em early before they're too shot up.

I should also reiterate that it's a standing invitation for all of you (skeeter, Hia, JD and Ag) that isn't necessarily only applicable to elk.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 PM

Ya will have to think bout it, I am comitted to school at that time but things could possibly be changed. need to squat on it for while. Oh heres how they find my sleepin in archery elk season.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

If the elk are around Manning then yes it is very very similar to what skeeter and i are used to. There are several blocks of forest along with farmland.
Colour me purple that sounds AOK. One question who's going to break to my elk camp if I ditch them for the Peace??? 17th of sept puts me in tight for our annual riffy hunt! We are contemplating more archery next year so may end up being less a factor. Worth considering though and appreciate the offer. In the mean time anything you need to know about elk I would be glad to try and help you with, not an expert by no means but make out pretty good with them beasts!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cheez that is scary...so much for the open invitation!! Wait a goDan voted the most likely to lose it in chelan!!!

Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good guys. Now skeeter, I wouldn't want to get you in trouble with your elk hunting buddies.

The fact that you've both closed a tag on at least one elk qualifies you as experts to me I'm still trying to get a hold of my first one, slippery buggers.

Hia, I have to ask. What's the plunger for??
Old 12-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Cheez that is scary...so much for the open invitation!! Wait a goDan voted the most likely to lose it in chelan!!!

Remind me not to let my wife see this thread. She'll have my hide for inviting Dan "the knife" up for a hunt.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Lmao, this thread is fun lol, always good for a laugh. I too want to know what the plunger is for? lol

Thanks for the invite Saskabush, dono about that Sept17 season though. As fun as an elk hunt would be, could be hard to pull off due to the fact that I am gone from August 21-Sept1 on a stone sheep hunt. Girlfriend might have my balls if I left again for a long hunt.

BUT did you say in Northern Alb. you can shoot mulies on an open tag?

Had a bit of an idea, if you guys would be open to it. You see, As a BC resident I too can host you guys. You were a lil ways from the border if I recall, but if we hunted that country, I know the western breaks of the peace are VERY similar to your portions. If we wanted crazy tag availability, then I could host some of yall, and bring a friend and host all of yall for BC tags.

Dont know how crazy you want to get into it, but if I do the math correctly that could open up atleast 4 tags for each of us, one of each species in each province. 4 deer, lots of fun. BIG bucks in some of those peace areas, but I hope yall dont mind hoofin it if that become the case!

Well keep it an open topic over the winter/spring and keep all options open. Whaddya guys think about a duel province hunt? eh eh eh?

Hope you guys have good knife sharpners!

-Andrew
Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

Somebody give that man a cookie!! I like the way you think Andrew. I would definately be interested in hunting the BC side.

Mulies are a draw tag here, though it's usually a given that'll you'll get drawn every second year lately (at least for residents). Actually, there are a couple of zones up here that are on a general mule tag but they are not necessarily considered the best areas for them. I'd also have to double check but the archery only mulie season in late aug and early sept may be open to canadian residents. whitetails bear and elk are really the only general rifle tags for non-residents worth going after (moose are on a draw too).
Old 12-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 17th would be tough to swing for me due to the current elk hunting crew. Though we have talked about archery or even putting in for the cow draw.So it may become moot but we'll have to wait and see.

Like mentioned we'll have to keep the lines open and see what works, swinging a cross country hunting trip with the fellas sounds pretty good to me. May mean an elk hunt isn't in the cards and we'll have to switch our focus to something else.

AG you suck BTW. NO TRIP FOR YOU[:@]!!
WHY you ask?? (see quote below, if you don't get why then buy a plane ticket to S'toon and I'll beat it into you with HIA's plunger...lol)

AG wrote:
the fact that I am gone from August 21-Sept1 on a stone sheep hunt
I'd same something else but I'd hate for Troy to have to come bother us clowns more
Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

No sign of JD lately, he must be distancing himself from the jack*ssery that goes on hereThat or he actually gets some work done during the day[:'(]

Ag, are mulies on a general tag in BC?

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.