Newfoundland Woodland Caribou >

Newfoundland Woodland Caribou

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Newfoundland Woodland Caribou

Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Newfoundland Woodland Caribou

mustad----That's a nice bull---conglads. Hopefully they will be in the zone on my winter hunt on 11/20-23. CB
Old 11-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

CB,

Where are you headed to for the winter hunt?

Cheers
Old 11-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mustad

CI,

Here are a couple of pics from the Quebec Caribou I harvested back in September... Their late because I just today have figured an alternative way of posting pics and was having problems doing it on HN for some reason...

Cheers

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/lostcabin2/DSC00082.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/lostcabin2/DSC00083.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/lostcabin2/DSC00095.jpg
Nice bull mustad. Those baron ground bous really have nice racks. One of these years I'll give them a try.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:59 PM

CI---Have been going up to Snowshoe since 1998. Always a good hunt and time.Bernie's cooking is fantastic andI concur that anyone wanting to get a caribou or moose,call ron hicks. Nice looking caribou---how many points? I was up the start of rifle season this year and harvested a moose and caribou in 40 minutes the first day before 8:15 in the morning. Had a great rest of week. Would like to hear your hunt story. contact me at--

[email protected]

Don Hertz
Old 11-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

mustad------Northern Caribou Adventures.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck CB... A buddy of mine is guiding up in La Grande... He says the winter hunt is an absolute blast.

I know there is a huge thread on the winter hunt here on HN.com... Does it cover anything about the quality of the meat? Here, there seems to be a toss up between people who prefer the meat coming from the Caribou in the fall and those who prefer the winter meat.

I have never had any meat off Caribou in the winter... is there a big difference in taste? I would imagine there is less fat on the animal after going through the migration and rut at the same time. Let me know what you think.

Again, good luck...

Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 AM

Frank, we spoke to Ron Hicks yesterday regarding filming a Woodland Caribou hunt for Canadian Outfitter Television. Sent out the agreement and hopefully it will be a done deal within a few weeks. I'll post if it's a go, with the date and hopefully we can get some HuntingNetters to book their excursions with Ron, and get em on film!

Old 11-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: FilmGuyTwo

Frank, we spoke to Ron Hicks yesterday regarding filming a Woodland Caribou hunt for Canadian Outfitter Television. Sent out the agreement and hopefully it will be a done deal within a few weeks. I'll post if it's a go, with the date and hopefully we can get some HuntingNetters to book their excursions with Ron, and get em on film!

Outstanding. It should be a real winner to film because of the beauty and abundance of game on the "Rock". The Hicks family is the greatest.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: cdhunt

CI---Have been going up to Snowshoe since 1998. Always a good hunt and time.Bernie's cooking is fantastic andI concur that anyone wanting to get a caribou or moose,call ron hicks. Nice looking caribou---how many points? I was up the start of rifle season this year and harvested a moose and caribou in 40 minutes the first day before 8:15 in the morning. Had a great rest of week. Would like to hear your hunt story. contact me at--

[email protected]

Don Hertz
I sent you an email. Nice talking with you Don.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:07 AM

please give me any info you all can on hunting NL cost of hunts the ferry ride lodges ect. thanks

Quick Reply: Newfoundland Woodland Caribou

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.