Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Don't buy from Nikon >

Don't buy from Nikon

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Don't buy from Nikon

Old 11-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Don't buy from Nikon

Ok some of you may know I have been a loyal supporter of Nikon products for years.

NO MORE.

Sent back a pair of Binoculars for warranty repair. Granted these are 20 year old Binoculars and this is the second time they have been back for service over the past twenty years.

After 3 months of back and forth I get a email saying they cannot get parts and they are replacing them with a new pair. I think great I am getting a new pair of binoculars for my 20 year old binoculars.

Here is where the story gets bad. The Binos they are sending will not carry the lifetime warranty. They will only carry a 6 month warranty.

So Nikon is essentially shutting down their Optics warranty after 20 years or so and getting out from under their lifetime warranty.

No more Nikon products for me. Leupold all the way.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that, I have both Nikon Binos & Range Finder.

Both work excellent.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Spike

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your new bino's. Which model did Nikon send you?
I do freelance shooting event's/trade show's with Nikon and I'm always interested in trying to help out guy's like yourself who are not happy with Nikon's Sport Optic's.
I know Nikon has a No Fault Policy on their PROSTAFF line and up.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bman940
Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your new bino's. Which model did Nikon send you?
I do freelance shooting event's/trade show's with Nikon and I'm always interested in trying to help out guy's like yourself who are not happy with Nikon's Sport Optic's.
I know Nikon has a No Fault Policy on their PROSTAFF line and up.
These were a pair of Travelite 8x23

I was told by George at Nikon that when a pair of Binoculars are near "ending of service life" that they replace them with a new pair and the new warranty is only good for 6 months. That does NOT equal a lifetime warranty on the product. What NIKON is doing is getting out from under their lifetime warranty by replacing their product that WAS under a lifetime warranty with a product that is NOT under a lifetime warranty. THIS IS BAD BUSINESS and I am going to let every internet forum know EXACTLY what they are up to.

Folks Buy Leupold. Buy Vortex . Buy Swarovski. They won't pull this crap or play these games. When they tell you their product has a lifetime warranty on it they mean it. If they replace a bino or scope with another because they can't get parts the replacement carries the same lifetime warranty. None of this 6 months crap.

Guess who is buying a new pair of binoculars and a new range finder this week? Guess what brand is NOT under consideration?????
Old 11-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry about your Nikon experience, BTW, how is LIz?
Old 11-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Spike

I just checked with Nikon's Corporate office and this is what they told me. The replacement will come with same Lifetime warranty as when you buy it new, so you will get another lifetime warranty and of course Nikon's No Fault Policy. I hope this puts any bad bllod to rest? Feel free to drop me a note with any question's and sorry for the confusion.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I just checked with Nikon's Corporate office and this is what they told me. The replacement will come with same Lifetime warranty as when you buy it new, so you will get another lifetime warranty and of course Nikon's No Fault Policy. I hope this puts any bad bllod to rest? Feel free to drop me a note with any question's and sorry for the confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweRfw4vMEY
I will take so,e screen shots from my emails with George. That IS NOT what they are telling me.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Sorry about your Nikon experience, BTW, how is LIz?
Who is Liz?
Old 11-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweRfw4vMEY
It sounds like maybe "George" at Nikon isn't as familiar with the warranty policy as Nikon might wish. If you follow up on MT58's emails, you could use such information for customer service training, point out a few things to George and improve customer service and the experience people undergo whenever they do have to use a warranty for Nikon. Not trying to tell you how to run your business but many hunters tend to value customer service at the same level as product quality and believe the first (quality) isn't much value without the 2nd (service). And yes, I own Nikon products so I am very interested in how this ends as well.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds to me like you should PM Bart (above) - Nikon Pro Staff !?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.