HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Don't buy from Nikon
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 11:58 AM
miketodd58
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bman940
Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your new bino's. Which model did Nikon send you?
I do freelance shooting event's/trade show's with Nikon and I'm always interested in trying to help out guy's like yourself who are not happy with Nikon's Sport Optic's.
I know Nikon has a No Fault Policy on their PROSTAFF line and up.
These were a pair of Travelite 8x23

I was told by George at Nikon that when a pair of Binoculars are near "ending of service life" that they replace them with a new pair and the new warranty is only good for 6 months. That does NOT equal a lifetime warranty on the product. What NIKON is doing is getting out from under their lifetime warranty by replacing their product that WAS under a lifetime warranty with a product that is NOT under a lifetime warranty. THIS IS BAD BUSINESS and I am going to let every internet forum know EXACTLY what they are up to.

Folks Buy Leupold. Buy Vortex . Buy Swarovski. They won't pull this crap or play these games. When they tell you their product has a lifetime warranty on it they mean it. If they replace a bino or scope with another because they can't get parts the replacement carries the same lifetime warranty. None of this 6 months crap.

Guess who is buying a new pair of binoculars and a new range finder this week? Guess what brand is NOT under consideration?????