Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Millet angle loc rings >

Millet angle loc rings

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Millet angle loc rings

Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Millet angle loc rings

I picked up a set of these to mount a 4 x 32 scope on an Omega muzzleloader. Although I like the build of these rings, one thing that has me concerned are the grooves on the inside of the rings. Look at this pic:

My concern is that those grooves will mark up my scope. The rings did come with some paper like material that I think is for lining the rings but I was hoping someone here had some experience with these.

Thanks,
Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Millet angle loc rings

I have two sets of Millet Angle Locs -- one on my .22 which has a Leupold VX-1 gloss scope, and one on a Knight DISC, which has a Bushnell 4200 matte scope.

I placed the tape inside the rings, and have taken each scope off the rings multiple times in the past and there are not any ring marks on either scope. Also, I have not lapped either set of rings. I've found the tolerances and workmanship to be excellent on the Milllet rings.

Leupold rings also have these grooves on the inside of their rings, and although much smaller than the Millets, have not caused any problems for me either.

Can't say the same for the rings that came with my Ruger 77. They were just terrible......

That's my experience -- hope it helps.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Millet angle loc rings

Thanks for the advice. I mounted the scope today, using the included tape with no problems. Good solid feel to the set up.