Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need Information on Mounting Millet Rings (weaver style) with Adjustment >

Need Information on Mounting Millet Rings (weaver style) with Adjustment

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need Information on Mounting Millet Rings (weaver style) with Adjustment

Old 01-10-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Need Information on Mounting Millet Rings (weaver style) with Adjustment

I just purchased a set of MILLET extension 1" rings with the angle lok adjustments in weaver style. I noticed when geting them out that on the clamping screws instead of one, they have one on each side that in my mind would have to be tightened the same amount on each side or else there will be a little difference and they would put your scope canting to one side or the other and off. How do you install these the proper way to make sure they are dead centered and your scope is centered at 0. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Need Information on Mounting Millet Rings (weaver style) with Adjustment

The double sets of screws are for windage adjustment. You should alway zero the scope for right and left with your rings and your scope windage in the center. Count the clicks and get it centered. I count the turns on the ring scerws so I start out with the rings centered on the bases. Then to adjust your windage you can move the front one way a little and the back the other way a little.Broken crosshairs come from running nearly out of adjustment. Shim the scope up or down if needed as well to save all of your adjustment for fine tuning. I am not the best at explaining things but I hope you get the idea.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Need Information on Mounting Millet Rings (weaver style) with Adjustment

James B. thank you. I was hoping you would chime in on this. I remember you saying on one of my other post that you used Millets on your setups and I knew you would know what I was talking about and would have the answer to my question. Thanks again for the helpful answers. I was out today and saw the rings and remembered you used them and they did great for you. I got the extension ones. I will probably install them tomorrow. Wish me luck and I understood your reply completely. I will follow your instructions. I also noticed the ripples on the inside of the rings. i was wondering, wouldn't that make them grip a little better on the scope than an ordinary smoothe finish on the inside of the rings?Any way , if I have any troube I will let you know. Thanks again. only thing hard was getting my wife to bite on the rings after just getting a new scope. the rings cost 34.00 dollars.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know what you mean about the wife. Sometimes they don't see as clearly as we do. I had to order a set of Millet windage adjustable rings today for my Ruger. I ran out of adjustment on the Ruger rings. Most places don't carry special rings for Rugers since they come with rings.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:34 AM

I just got my first set of millets for my T3 that I will be installing and lapping. I just remembered that I saw an article about "squaring" the front and back rings by using a 1" broom stick handle inserted in the rings. I saw the article in Sinclair International's book, entitled "Precision Reloading & Shooting Handbook. Hope this helps.

Johnny Canuck