Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Talley Lightweight Rings vs Dednutz rings >

Talley Lightweight Rings vs Dednutz rings

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Talley Lightweight Rings vs Dednutz rings

Old 01-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Talley Lightweight Rings vs Dednutz rings

I bought a pair of Dednutz for a Browning Abolt and a pair of Talley Lightweights for the same gun(don't ask it is a long story). I have to tell you that I think these Dednutz rings are some of the most rugged rings I have seen and yet are very lightweight(all aluminum) if you saw the length of the cap screws and the size of the basescrew heads you would be amazed. Someone was thinking when these were designed. The have a superior finish to the talley lightweights in fact it's not even close and they are better machined . I put a lapping bar on both and the talleys needed it but not the others. FWIW.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Talley Lightweight Rings vs Dednutz rings

I have a set of those talley lightwieghts on my 204. I thought they were pretty nice. I was scared to lap em as its alum. I will look into the dednutz.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a set of those talley lightwieghts on my 204. I thought they were pretty nice. I was scared to lap em as its alum. I will look into the dednutz.
Oh they(Talley) are still top drawer but these Dednutz don't give up anything to them. I would say for the guy that wants to use Leupold 2 piece dovetail rings setup on a rifle that these are much better. They use all 4 holes on the receiver. According to my collimator on a side to side test the Dednutz were closer much closer to the bore center then the Talleys.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shock and disbelief! I put some Talley lightweights on a .308 84M and they have been great. Absolutely no issues. Guess I'll check out the Dednutz for the next "project". Thanks for the info.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shock and disbelief! I put some Talley lightweights on a .308 84M and they have been great. Absolutely no issues. Guess I'll check out the Dednutz for the next "project". Thanks for the info.
I have had no issues with Talley lightweights..the QD and non detachable steel rings have not been that great. Dednutz are just another viable good option for those that are interested