Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Leupold VX-III Closeout >

Leupold VX-III Closeout

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold VX-III Closeout

Old 11-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Spike

Default Leupold VX-III Closeout

Is Leupold going to stop production of the VX-III? I've seem a couple of places starting to sell them at a discount.

Also, for a 7mm-08 would you recommend the 2.5-8x36 or the 3.5-10x40?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leupold VX-III Closeout

If they're about to drop them,they'll be cutting their own throat! I havn't heard anything about it but maybe 1 of the guys that keep up with current affairs will fill us in. On my 7mm08s,both wear 2.5x-8x.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I was wondering the same thing and I sure hope that they don't. I am planning on buying a new rifle, and I was going to top it with a VX III
Old 11-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO Leupold is changing their marketing, and for that matter their dependability model.

If you notice a lot of mfrs. are going to the marketing model of having to have something NEW every year. Heck just look at Barnes bullets if you do not believe me. The days of delivering consistent day in day out quality is out, and gimmick marketing ploys are in.

I hate to see Leupold lower themselves to this marketing ploy. They were very consistent for a very long time. But I guess times change.

Leupold has already abandoned their 100% made in America reliabilty. Once they did this I knew it was going to be a down hill slide for them.

I have several Leupold's, and I have no plan on getting rid of them. However I will study their new products extensively before I buy another one. I used to be able to buy the Leupold with no worry about quality issues, but I no longer have that faith. Tom.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's true the VXIII is going bye-bye. I've had many Leuppy's and still like them, but there are many other brands out there that are better or are a better value. I like Zeiss Conquests, Bushnell Elites, Sightron Big Sky's and most of all, the Swaro AV series.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Spike

I've been using Leupold scopes for 20 years but,have now switched to Zeiss Conquest much better glass and lower price than VX-III's
Old 11-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Spike

Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10X50 Z-plex $569 Theopticzone