Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Laser sighting was to low? Help >

Laser sighting was to low? Help

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Laser sighting was to low? Help

Old 11-30-2008, 05:42 AM
Spike

Default Laser sighting was to low? Help

A buddy of mine bought a SiteLite SL-150. We used it to sight in my Marlin Slugmaster 12 gauge. We did everything the directions said. We leveled the gun, then placed the target 25 yards away. Put the laser on the dot of the target, which is 1 inch below were you place your crosshairs. I used this gun out in the field the next day. Missed 2 deer. Couldnt understand what happened. I took the gun out and shot at my target in the field. 6 inches below were I was aiming!!! I sighted the gun the old fashion way. Its on it. What did we do wrong? The deer I missed were no further than 35 yards away.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Spike

Default RE: Laser sighting was to low? Help

I never knew that they just get you in the ballpark. I shot off the paper after I used this laser. 6 inches off the paper. I'll keep doing it the old way. 4 shots and I was on it. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Spike

Default RE: Laser sighting was to low? Help

yeah the bore sighter i used was a cabelas brand. it the kind u put the the camber like a shell. fit the 25.06, 270, and 30.06.
any wayi bore sighting my 270 and my buddys 30.06
my 270 shot above the taget, had to aim at the bottom of the target just to hit paper
buddys 30.06 shot to the right of the paper, had to aim all the way to the left of the target to hit it
money well wasted, ill just stick to shooting them in the old fashion way