Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Intensity Optics >

Intensity Optics

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Intensity Optics

Old 08-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Intensity Optics

Greetings, just started seeing new advertisements lately for Intensity Optics scopes. Just was curious to see if anyone has seen them or looked at them etc. Any feedback?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Intensity Optics

I only just now saw them in the Natchez catalog. Limited product lineup, low $100's price. I don't see anything in the specs that really nudges me to try one over any of the established performers that are out there in that price range.

My first reaction was that Intensity Optics was probably justa bottom feeding mfgr (BSA, Barska, NC Star) trying to put some lipstick on of their "pigs". It says in the catalog, though, that they're from ATK, the Federal Ammo. folks. They just bought-up the Weaver/Simmons/Redfield brands. I'm guessing they wanted to start with a clean slate, rather than put out any baggage the old brands might have had.

It kind ofpoints out the oversaturation in thescope market. There are far too many products out there, with very little innovation going on. One would think that the bottom end (< $100) would have shaken itself out by now, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

About the only successfulentrant in the market that I can think of latelyhas been Vortex, and they're an arm of an established optics company. They came in with a solid product at a great price, with a broad product line in several performance levels, & they set up a wide distribution networkpretty quickly. They got product out into hands of actual end-users, not just gun rag wonks, and the feedback has been very positive.

Unless the Intensity Optics scopes perform all out of proportion to their cost, I'm guessing you won't see them in another 2 years, while the Weaver, Simmons, & Redfield names will continue to be sold.

FC
Old 08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Probably made in China.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

A couple of the models look suspiciously similar to the Simmons Aetec scopes.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

That is what I was afraid of. I came across the ad in Natchez as well as a full page ad on the back of Guns and Ammo. I found out they are made in the Philippines and distributed out of Onalaska Wi. I guess these are an offshootfrom ATK.The Vortex line does look sharp. I looked through some of their Binos and they were actually really nice. They are apparently headquartered right here by Madison WI. I may have to go stop for a peek and see whats up.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Spike

Default Intensity Optics Scope

I just bought one of the Intensity Optics 6.5-20x44 scopes to go on one of my .22 rifles. It has very clear optics (fully multi coated, etc.), adjustable objective lens and a diopter adjustment for glasses wearers (me). The zoom and AO rings feel very precise and the H/V adjustments are full (tall) turrets. The adjustment is 1/4" per click at 100 yds. The cross hairs are a thick/thin style that lead the eye quickly onto the target. I bought this scope at a local gun shop for right at $100.00. I haven't had an opportunity to do a sight-in yet, but don't expect any problems. Compared to some of the other low priced scopes that I have looked at lately (Leapers, Barska, BSA, etc), this one appears to have a quality level missing in the others.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Spike

sportsman guide has them cheaper than anybody I've seen so far. I have one on a cheap rifle I put together and it is pretty clear. Seems to have a good feel of quality for the price range. They are made by the same company that owns weaver.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

made in the Philippines and distributed out of Onalaska Wi. CORRECT
I just ordered one for a 243 cal.
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...T94615&src=sim
The guy said these are the old 44 mag: scope made by simmons now was sold and then resold now it is weaver.
The warranty goes threw weaver
I will give them a shot
will see how I like them
Old 06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't waste my $ on them.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

let me tell you not the junk that comes out of China:I got the 3x10x44 in yesterday clear glass clicks adjustment are tight looks and feels like a solid built scope

Quick Reply: Intensity Optics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.