Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Leupold Rangefinders? >

Leupold Rangefinders?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold Rangefinders?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Leupold Rangefinders?

Liecahere as well. That said my bushnell scout workedexcellent for bow hunting. Since your looking for ARC or similar I think your better off with the Scout.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:52 PM

I would stay away from the Leupolds. I recently shopped around for range finders and looked long and hard at the Leupold since that's the scopes I use and based upon the reviews on Cabelas.com, decided to buy the Leica 900. Leupolds must have a quality problem based upon the number of returns at the Bargin Cave at my local Cabelas (at least 10 last time I visited).

During turkey season I ranged deer out to 326 yards (hazy conditions) and turkey out to 565 yards (clear conditions. Didn't have an opportunity to range out any further.

I'm definately happy with my Leica 900 though most shops seem to be raising their prices in the last month. Cabelas sale price is now $549 which was their list price just three weeks ago. I got mine for $499 since it was a display model so I'm glad I stopped shopping around and finally made the purchase.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 PM

I bought a Leupold RX lll today and it is freakin amazing. It comes with a quick setup for more common balistics for bow and rifle and it was alot easier to use than the advanced setup. Make sure you read the instructions because the rangefinder has alot alot alot of options. Im not sure of RXll or RXl but this thing will get the job done and take the guess work out of it. My last rangefinder was a Nikon Realtree 800 and it is probably better for the less technoligically inclined, point and push a button.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:40 PM

I would just like to add in BOW mode it will range from 7-300 yards and in RIFLE mode it will range from 7-588 easy for balistics. I havn't been anywhere to range anything past 588 without any obstructions. The optics are crystal clear as long as you focus them like a set of binoculars. I can see to where it might take a while to figure this rangefinder out.

Leupold RXlll
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 PM

I recently got a RX-1V and it's a turd. Way too much time setting it up to use and then I never could get a reading past 550 yards on a 40x60 metal building. My Bushnell 600 works better, faster, and ranges farther ( best of 766 yards).

I admit I the fact it was a package deal with the spotting scope included persuaded me into the purchase. But the rangefinder is pretty much worthless and the spotter gets blurry above 20 power so neither
are worth it. Plus, as mentioned, both have Made in China on them.

They are headed back to Cabelas and I think I will chin up the extra $200 bucks for the Leica 1200. I want something that will actually range out to 1000 or so.