Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Nikon Buckmaster??? >

Nikon Buckmaster???

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Nikon Buckmaster???

Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nikon Buckmaster???

Anyone used one of these? I have been looking at some of the lower leupold's, but my buddy says unless you spend $1k you are getting average stuff. I just bought a 300 win mag savage and I don't want to put a piece of crap scope on my new rifle. Plus, I am going elk hunting next year and I want some quality glass that can go at least 400 yards. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nikon Buckmaster???

I have a Nikon Prostaff and I love it. It's under $200 and very clear. The Buckmaster is the same thing with Buckmaster logo. A little more expensive.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 03-22-2008, 06:06 AM

The Buckmaster models are good scopes and worth the price. A high price on a scope does not necessarily mean high quality. Leupolds are good scopes but remember part of what you pay for is the the high cost of advertising.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to go with it. Thanks guys!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:09 PM

Smart decision!! By far the best scope in that price range!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:42 PM

I own6 buckmasters, and 3 Monarchs, and various others. Iwould takethe Nikon line over other lines anyday. For the value / $ you cannot beat the nikons. Unless you just want to throw money away, the Nikon Buckmaster line will do anything the average to average + hunter needs it to do. If you have ta few extra $$$, the Nikon Monarch line is nice too. I have looked at the Leupolds ( lower end and higher end ) , and a buckmaster will beat a VX I or VX II, the VX III is maybe a little better, but it also is much more expensive.... it is equal to the Monarch. But the Monarch's are still cheaper. I have 2 Nikon scopes that I bought new 16+ years ago and the are still like new, and I have never had a problem with either. ** That is why I now buy Nikon only. ** They are less expensive, just as bright, and are very reliable.

MET
Old 03-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Buckmaster scope is worth every penny. I have two Nikon's a Buckmaster 6x18x40 SF and a 3x9x40 Prostaff. I am happy with both. I do however prefer Leupold's on my big game guns simply for the eye relief. Optically the Buckmaster is every bit as good as my Vari-X II and VX-II's The Prostaff is about on the level of the VX-I. If on a budget I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Nikon or Burris or Bushnell Elite.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Buckmaster scope is good but I'd opt for a Zeiss Conquest.