Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Nikon Buckmaster

Old 03-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Nikon Buckmaster

Has anyone had any experiance with the Nikon Buckmaster rifle scope ? I would be interested in hearing from anyone that knows anything about this scope.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nikon Buckmaster

Hello Leafrivermac.
I own two of them in the 3x9x40's. For the money I think that they are one of the best scopes out there today. Granted there are better out there, but not for the money.(as far as I can see.) I try to buy everything I can from the USA. But every now and then I have to try something new.
Thats when I tried the Nikon Scopes, and love them.

So on that note I will tell you this.
They are very clear, and can handle the recoil from a 300 Win. Mag. They have a guarintee like Leupold does. They are worth the money to me.

Also: If ever you do wish to buy a better scope. You can allways look at the Monark.

Hope it helps.
Leroy
Old 03-19-2004, 05:32 PM

Leaf, a member posted the exact same question as you a couple of months back, and the general consensus was that most felt that the Buckmaster was a good scope. The only drawback was that Nikon's customer service was far from top-notch and some people who sent in for a replacement were waiting for several months before things were straightened out.

Last November, I was looking at the Buckmaster and comparing it to the Leupold VXII. From what I can remember, the Buckmaster was $199 and I found a new VXII for $269 on eBay. I ended up getting the Leupold because of their excellent customer service, plus I like the scope very much.

Some people say that the Buckmaster is brighter and crisper than a comparable Leupold, while others say the complete opposite. Hope this helps...
Old 03-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Buckmaster on my 308 and love it. So far, I've not had any trouble with, but if I do and their customer service is what some say it is, my opinion may change.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:54 PM
7x7

For the money I don't think they can be beat. Clarity is awesome. I have two of them the 3x9x40 on my 30-06 and the 4.5x14x40 on my 300 ultra mag. I have had zero problems with mine so I can't comment on the customer service.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:26 AM

very good scope, clear, bright and durable.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a nikon buckmasters 3x9x50. It's a decent scope but I don't think it's a bit better than my leaupold vx1 and the vx1 is cheaper. I've made some long shots with the nikon and it has good clearness but not near as good as the nikon monarch. Also, the nikon buckmasters is easily knocked off if you hit it on something. I've owned leaupolds and nikons and I prefer the leaupold.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I HAVE ONE IN 3-9X40 ON MY .50 CAL KNIGHT MUZZLELOADER, ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE SCOPE, EVEN THE PRICE!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:06 AM

i have the 3x9x50.it has been great so farvery clear.thete is a problem with these models for some reason.the side to side adjustment often locks up.i did some research and found this is only happeneing with this model.i tried for 4 months to get nikpn to sen me the info about this problem.it has now been 6 months and still nothing.the only prob i find is that i wish it was just a haor more clear.in bright light it really distorts.i have mine on a ruger1 30.06
Old 03-27-2004, 09:29 PM
PLB

I have one and my son has one. I think they are very good scopes for the money.

Quick Reply: Nikon Buckmaster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.