Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Gloss scopes >

Gloss scopes

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Gloss scopes

Old 10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gloss scopes

I just ordered a new Ruger #1b and was going to put a Zeiss Conquest on it. The problem I have is that the conquest only comes in matte and silver. I then ordered a new Nikon monarch in gloss but Nikon has not shipped the new gloss ones yet. I know Leupold has several gloss scopes but I am trying to avoid Leupold as I do not believe the VX series offers much bang for the buck. What scope finish do you guys that buy blued guns use?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gloss scopes

Scope finish would be the last thing to "worry" about if it were me. The Zeiss Conquest is a quality scope,that's the most important thing...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why do you want a shiney scope? That is just another thing to catch a deer's eyes. Get the Conquest.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Majority of my scopes are matt black, even on ss I buy matte black.

Bushnell Elite use to offer gloss models??
Old 10-11-2007, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

This gun will not be my primary hunting tool. I already have 3 synthetic stock, matte finished rifles that will see most of the time in the field. I am buying this gun primarily because I have always thought it to be one of the best looking weapons available. With that in mind, that is why I am concerned about the way the scope matches the rifle. I will use it primarily at the range with an occasional hunt in between.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:18 PM

I believe the Burris Signature Select comes in gloss. Hard to find a better scope for the money. The Pentax Lightseeker is the same scope. But I like the VX3 and the Zeiss Conquest. I used the think the conquest was the most bang for the buck, but the other makers are rapidly catching up.
Or maybe go the other way. Find a used Weaver V, Older Japanese Burris, or maybe a Redfield. Good glass and nice older gloss look. I have a couple of older but mint Pentax that were made by Burris in COlorado back in the 80's. Nice glass but older style scope. They are all gloss and have a nice look.