HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 09:26 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: CalHunter

This seems to be a problem when rating scopes. Leopold has several different levels of scopes and there are major differences between each level in optics quality. Each person can get a bad scope or know somebody who has had a bad scope and simply offer an opinion based on their or their buddy's personal experience.
Yep, that VX1 is a first rate turd in my opinion. I tested on my bench with a reflection meter, and it was as bad as some simmons. But the VXIII beat out my VariX-III, I just don't want to buy over the 3 piece body design now.
Hey bc, What do you mean by the highlighted above.... I know I'm tired, but I cannot make heads or tails of it.... Haven't slept in 3 days..... going to try to sleep shortly... WIsh me luck , and any prayer is appreciated....

--------------------------------

Going on a Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger with a 7 1/2 inch barrel.

BTW bc, concerning the scopes I pm'd you about....I bought the Burris 3 - 12 x 32 and have looked it over the last few days but i am still not convinced. Its reallynice, but there are several differences between it and the 2.5 - 8 x 28 Nikon and the Burris 2-7 x 32( at least on paper ) ... Do you think it would be wise to at least buy the other Burris and / or the Nikon to do comaprative side by side tests , then either send back the ones I dont want or keep them for later projects, or outright sell them? I believe the Burris 3x12 has great glass ( it was really clear ) , and it might be a super scope, but I am seeing that the eyebox seems critical. That the glass is bright and clear, but the scope is heavy @ 16 oz. ... It is a handgun scope ... for all but bc.... he already knows the story .... except for what is obvious with the increased zoom power, the others are lighter, and about an inch shorter. Also, the others do not have an adjustable obj.

Anyone and everyone ... Please feel free to chime in on this thought line.

Thanks

MET
Leupold when they came out with thier VX line, they quit making a one piece tube. They now build it in three pieces. I still find the older Vari-X III over it. I just believe one piece is a better construction.

Sight picture if important. Especially with pistols. I myself don't like that high power scope on a pistol. A lower power will be easier to mess with.

Get them and try it out. They also have a 1.5-5 power that i might look at.