Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Nikon vs. Leupold >

Nikon vs. Leupold

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Nikon vs. Leupold

Old 03-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Nikon vs. Leupold

Just wondering how the new Nikon Buckmasters compare with the vx-1's. I love my 4-12x40 vx-1, but I can get a new in box Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40SF for dirt cheap from a friend. I would prefer this magnification range better I just don't know much about these scopes. Any experience would be appreciated. Brett
Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nikon vs. Leupold

I would pick the Nikon.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM

I have a Nikon on my browning and love it.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

NIKON. Let us know how you like it.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't claim to know a whole lot about scopes, but when I look through both the nikon and the leupold, I don't see the Leupold being worth the extra money you spend...and that is quite a bit of extra money!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Buckmasters over the VX I.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:58 PM

I like my Nikon
Old 03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for Nikon. I've had a couple Buckmasters and slowly replaced them with Monarchs. I just got my hunting buddy to sell a Vari-X III and replaced it with a Monarch.
They are clearer than Leupolds (IMO) and a lot less $$$$.

The Buckmasters are a great scope. You won't be disappointed. If you don't buy that scope from your friend tell him I might be interested!!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:50 AM

I have that same scope in silver... It is super. I love it. But what are you calling a deal? I bought mine last year , and paid less for a new scope from www.theopticzone.com than some people pay for one that is a " deal ". Now if you are talking 200.00 or less, and it is like new, jump on it. but for a little more, you can buy brand new.

Nikon buckmaster is better quality in optics and internal mechanisms than the leupold vxi or vxii. The Leupold for instance uses a pressure system to hold the adjustments for windage and elevation on their scopes. Nikon uses a very reliable click system. The Nikon uses better glass and is less expensive. The light transmission in the Nikon buckmaster is 90%. The leupoldsare in the low to mid-upper 80's between the vxi and vxii.

All this makes it a no brainer.....The Nikon everytime. But before you buy, go to www.theopticzone.com and look at the prices for the NEW nikon line up, coming out soon, in the Monarch line. They are based on a 4x ratio, such as 4x16, 5x20, 6x24, 3x12...... with side focus adj. for parallax, andGREAT pricing. I will be ordering the 5x20 as soon as they are available. B.T.W. The Monarch line has a light transmission of 95 %. These scopes should set the optics world on it's ear, but shop around for prices. The web site shown above is around 100.00 cheaper for the same scopes in this coming Nikon line than other sites.

God Bless

Michael
Old 03-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

NIKON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Nikon vs. Leupold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.