Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 What about a senior pin class? >

What about a senior pin class?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

What about a senior pin class?

Old 06-20-2004, 04:12 PM

Default What about a senior pin class?

How would the seniors out there feel about an IBO class for pins only?
Old 06-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What about a senior pin class?

I wouldn't mind seeing it. I hate all the thinking that goes into a moveable pin sight. [:@] Are you talking about a Senior Hunter class, max 35 yds?
Old 07-01-2004, 08:31 AM

pdq 5oh Absolutely! I agree with you! Sorry I didn't make myself clear in the original post! I think it is really hard for those of us in the senior class to compete with the young agile eyes and nerves of the younger hunter class fellas. I love shooting pins,always have. I have to shoot msr now and I really don't like using a scope but must since it is the only way I can hope to stay up with the upper half. I know I would do much better with a pin class. I see your a life member and perhaps we can contact our IBO reps and get some more feedback from those of us that really want to see a senior HC which by the way could be "mshc" designated. Bow Pro if your monitoring what are your thoughts? And how can we get the ball rolling on this idea? I think the IBO is a great organization and should really do more to promote the hunting classes as it does already in the pro, semi-pro and nonhunting classes. Thanks for your consideration in advance and lets hear some feedback! Thanks, rcher.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

rchr, I've never quite understood the thinking behind the MSR rules. I used to be able to drive in the dark without lights. Now I need lots of light, and glasses. Generally you'd expect the senior shooters to have years of experience. This is not necessarily so. I've only been shooting 3D for 3 years. All the shooting I do is with a pin and no lens. The biggest thing I have trouble with re: 35 yds plus is eyesight. I can't see the targets very well. I shoot HC because of this, and many of the friends I shoot with are younger. We could still shoot the same course, just a different class. Another reason I shoot HC is I like to shoot with the same sight and stabilizer I hunt with. I'd even have no problem with the current equipment rules at 35 yds. Are there any other shooters out there feeling similarly?
Old 07-01-2004, 02:01 PM

We're listening. Let's See what sort of input we get. So far it has been from a few guys.
ken12
Old 07-01-2004, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the prompt response BowPro. I knew it would be a an honest answer , that will be considered. OK! Lets hear it from all you seniors out there who would really like to compete in a senior hunter class at 35 yds max. I really think this would be a great class and it would also take alot of the pressure off the current hunter class. I feel the there are a great group of senior shooters out there that truly would appreciate shooting with their peers instead of the younger eyes and nerves of steel. LETS HEAR IT!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: rcher

Thanks for the prompt response BowPro. I knew it would be a an honest answer , that will be considered. OK! Lets hear it from all you seniors out there who would really like to compete in a senior hunter class at 35 yds max. I really think this would be a great class and it would also take alot of the pressure off the current hunter class. I feel the there are a great group of senior shooters out there that truly would appreciate shooting with their peers instead of the younger eyes and nerves of steel. LETS HEAR IT!
Ditto
Old 07-01-2004, 06:28 PM

that's a real good idea ..i vote yes
Old 07-01-2004, 06:28 PM

my dad just started shooting a couple of weeks ago and I know he would be interested as alot of guys at our club would be also.

we get asked about it ALOT

I am all for buying more trophies at our qualifier at least this class would get used.

mainiax

www.mainearchers.com
Old 07-01-2004, 06:33 PM

Great Start guys! Get all your friends to get on here and voice their opinion! We need alot of support to make this come about. This would be such a fun class for all us old timers to get together and have a good time competing in our own age group! Keep it up!

Quick Reply: What about a senior pin class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.