Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Update on Snowshoe Meeting

Old 10-11-2003, 06:51 AM

Default RE: Update on Snowshoe Meeting

Blue Jacket,

Your thought are welcome but I will not make this personal as you did.

This may not be the answer to anything but at least it is a start to trying to make changes that will satisfy the majority of the members as well as the disgruntled one. The first thing that I would question is the State Reps be used. This would work fine but we would first have to get better representation of all the states that have members. At the present time no such thing exist. Unless this has changed in recent time 5 States have 51% of the State Reps and 45% of the states have one rep. The states of Ohio 9 reps, Mich 7 reps, Ind 7 reps, NY 5 reps, have the majority of reps and of the 50 States only 26 (give or take a couple) are represented. One of the largest bowhunting states Pa. only has one and the Vice President. The suggestion is a begining to having something different that no one can question but it must be more balanced. If the only people that are correct on here are the ones that follow the lead unquestioned than I guess that the Name INTERNATIONAL BOWHUNTING ORGANIZATION is not an organization at all. My opinions are just that as are yours and both should only have what we consider to be the best intersest of the organization in mind. I make no apoligizes for my previous suggestions and comments and welcome any one elses opinion. If you are going to make an omlet the first thing you must do is Break an egg.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:58 PM

I' m sorry if you feel I in some way stepped on your toes. My point was only to demonstrate that opinions were summarily dismissed for no other reason than they showed support for the organization we choose to belong to. I know you meant nothing personal when you suggested that because I' m a Rep for the organization, the information I provide should somehow be suspect. All of that aside, let me re-ask a couple of questions.

First, ej asked earlier in this thread how we could go about conducting a poll which would see at least a 50% responce. To date they have been unable to accomplish that. Since you have stated with great certainty that there were many ways to conduct these polls successfully, and in such a way they remained indisputable, we obviously need your direction.

Secondly, please give me more direct feed back as to my proposal. I believe you indicate that the event needs to be more balanced. In what way? Generalised statements like that don' t really give me any information to work with. I' m sure you understand the mess we would create by attempting to poll the membership of every decision needing to be made. This format would allow the membership a corrective measure in the event the leadership drifted too far off course, while not needlessly complicating business as usual.

As far as State Reps go, that is obviously not a new idea. They have been in existance for a long while. Some areas are busier than others. As you are well aware, the offer has been made for anyone interested in becoming a State Rep to contact the IBO office for more information. Sometimes direct offers are made to individuals to try and solicit more help. For one reason or another those individuals willing to volenteer to serve in this capacity are limited. I often wonder how much of that hesitation to serve ties back to the first part of this post. We would all love to see increased participation in all parts of the world. The one thing we can not do, however, is to force anyone to volenteer their time in order to be chastised for supporting the sport and organization they love.

If we are talking about breakfast, I' m right there with you. Lets scramble up some eggs, get the biskets in the oven, and start frying up the bacon. However, with the exception of the eggs for that special omlete, divide and conquer is usually a tactic used with destruction in mind. I for one do not believe we need to break this organization in order to continue to try to improve.

Old 10-13-2003, 06:22 PM

I would like to say that I' m not happy about the change from 3 to 4 days. For the avg. shooter like me, I need to spend more money and time off work to go. I think this is going to be a probelm for alot of people. I think we need to start looking for a new site to hold the event. Some place with more hotels and motels, so it would be a little cheaper to stay. I know there are places out there we just need to look. I will still be there next year but it will take alittle butt kissing at work to get off.