Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Hoyt Bashing by Matthews

Old 06-13-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Hoyt Bashing by Matthews

Does anyone have an idea as to why Matthews is bashing Hoyt, so badly in there new add campaign? I personally shoot a hoyt and find the new Cam & 1/2 a dream to shoot. Hoyt never directly attacked Matthews in there ads. Are Matthews sales down so much, because of Hoyts new cam system that they went on the attack, like the big bully on the corner. I don' t care for this kind of negative advertising. I would like some input and your feelings on this matter.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hoyt Bashing by Matthews

They tried there ***** with Bowtech last year,but it did NOT work! Everyone has to decide for themselve' s on what brand of bow.arrow and any other equipment to shoot.These bashing canpains are a last resort of some kind,it really makes the companies look bad in my opinion.Its like the new Martin adds with the pretty girl,I don' t know about everyone else,but an add is NOT going to be my deciding factor on waht to buy or shoot.[:@]
Old 06-14-2003, 03:20 PM

Atleast the girl in the Martin ad is HOT!!! Mathews is straight bashing.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:20 AM

I could really careless about Mathews bashing of Hoyt. I don' t see any other companies bashing hoyt. So what gives Mathews the right to do that? I mean there is strong competition among companies to see who can ' make the best bow' . However, You don' t see golden eagle or jennings bashing other companies. I just think that Mathews is jealous because Hoyt just might have created the best cam system to date. Mathews have their popularity and Hoyt has theirs. Same for all companies. This bashing might just send Mathews up to crash and burn. A persons cockyness and smart attitude can make others shut them up permanently. Same applies to Mathews.

Just cuz someone says a product is no good doesn' t mean they are right. It' s the old fashion preference game at its finest.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:30 AM

Well, the thing that gives Matthews the right to do that is the Bill of Rights. Hoyt' s new cam system might shoot just fine and dandy, but they claim that it has the a straight line nock travel. Matthews says it doesn' t. The way I look at it is that if what Matthews is saying isn' t true, wouldn' t Hoyt be bringing a lawsuit against Matthews? Then again, maybe Hoyt knows they are false advertising, so they don' t dare. Either way, I' ll still sleep tonight.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:26 PM

This realy sounds like who cares! The last time that any one knew it was not the bow that shoots, but the person behind the bow. May be that is why stick bow shooters seem to have more fun!!
Old 07-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have sat my bow down on the range plenty of times with an arrow nocked and the thing just refused to shoot.
Its not the bow that wins it is the person behind the bow.
Shoot what ya want and have fun and let the next guy shoot what he wants and let him have his fun[:-]
Old 07-03-2003, 01:49 PM

yeah hoyt the best!! No it' s not Mathews IS!!! Noway man, Hoyt!! No Mathews!! I glad I don' t either one. Both have there positive points but there are a lot of other bows out there for less money. I would hate to thing it was a bow that made a shooter. BUT this whats going to make a better bow for all of use in the long run.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:20 PM

I don' t think what Mathews did was wrong. Obviously they had reason to put an add in the magazines like that. They were proving a point. Mathews is also probably feeling a little less sales then normal since Hoyt and Bowtech. Any company is going to try and find something wrong with their competitors to try and gain some more sales. Mathews has always been the innovator of the hot selling items, and now they don' t have the innovation. But hey, Hoyt is also paying royalties for the Cam and a half because they aren' t the inventor of it.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:42 AM

Matthews are really trying to give out a word here. They had 6 pages in Peterson' s Bowhunting if im not mistaken. PRICE is everything. Matthews has a good bow no doubt, but so deos Renegade Archery. They have the same speed, accuracy, but they don' t have all the hipe Matthews does. When people think of " Matthews the think of Big Money Bog Bow.
I talked to Matthews Pro Staff director and asked him if he would equip me with a bow for my next hunt which will be on the outdoorchannel and other videos. He told me straight out, " Why?" " We have enough guys like you out there promoting, whats a nother?" " We don' t have time to speak to outsiders"
Now that blew my mind! I think of Matthews as a (BIG SHOT) company too good for everyone else. Ill stick with the smaller comapnies you can Trust to manufacture a good bow with a genorous smile.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Bashing by Matthews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.