Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 help finding top pro release for 3-D shooting >

help finding top pro release for 3-D shooting

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

help finding top pro release for 3-D shooting

Old 04-27-2003, 05:33 PM

Default help finding top pro release for 3-D shooting

I am in the process of trying to find a good release for 3-D shooting. The release I have is an old Scott release I have shot for 12 plus years. I am haveing problems finding a release that will fit my hand and still be a reliable relese for compatition 3-D shooting. I want to get a really good release money is not an issue. The only thought I would like to add is to stress again on a good quality and reliable release that I can count on for high 3-D level compatition. any advice from the pro' s is appriciated. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2003, 06:22 PM

Default RE: help finding top pro release for 3-D shooting

I can help narrow it down a little. Carter. There, now you' ve only got a couple dozen to choose from.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:24 PM

Default RE: help finding top pro release for 3-D shooting

mike, sounds like you are on your way up. my suggestion is shoot as many different back tension releases as are avialable to you locally at shoots.

from there, the decisions become a little more coplicated. first, decide if you want pure back tension, or a thumb or pinky actuated release. there are several of all kinds out there.

i would attend the bedford shoot and visit with the venders. try zenith, carter, trubal, scott, stanaslawski, and hicks. i may have missed some but you get the idea. find what fits your hand compfortably, and your style of shooting.

if you have a large hand, carter, zenith, and scott make a release for big hands. if you have medium to small hands the choices are almost limitless....

if there were advise i would give, get a back tension release, learn to use it, and if needed get coaching, and your shooting will be enjoyable for many years to come. i used to have an index finger release (punchamatic as they are sometimes called) and until i got a back tension release i never knew what a truley good shot felt like.