Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 So much for the hunter class being a beginners class? >

So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Old 04-08-2003, 03:14 PM

Default RE: So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Lady Forge - You' ll have a great time at Bedford. Good Luck to ya!
Old 04-08-2003, 06:28 PM

Here' s my opinion! I shoot FHC. I shot in the Indoor Worlds this year. I saw more women using the wrong equipment to shoot FHC. If they want to shoot in it, then damn it, use the equipment that your suppose to use. I even heard one of them bragging on how " great" she was doing! Now to me, that is just wrong. But, then again, it takes all kinds, and they will do whatever they can get away with to win!!!! I always consider the sources. If they need to cheat to win, oh, well maybe there conscience will get the best of them in the long run some day!
Old 04-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the well wishes
Old 04-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was under the impression that there are random equiptment checks, Was this not inforced in the FHC class?
Were you not able to file a formal protest in regards to improper equiptment for that class being used? Was that option available at this shoot?
I found it pretty simple to find the info on equiptment that is allowed for the varying classes.
I have not nor will I ever use the same equiptment that my husband uses( except for the Golden Key Premier Rest that we both have one of ). I am a different shooter than him, what works for him may not work for me. I have spent the time and the money to find what I like and what works for me. I wont be shooting some Frankenstein Hand Me Down setup from my husband. Ill be shooting my Parker Ultra Lite 31, Stone Mountain String, Golden Key Premier Rest, Toxonics Hybrid IV Sight, My self made custom walnut grip, Limbsavers and mini limb savers, shooting Carbon Express CXL 150s, Either the old Winn Free Flight C-10 release( Which I love) or the King George Extreme with the Talon Head.
Do you see anything here that does not fall within the rules for FHC IBO that I might of missed?
ITS NOT SO HARD TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WHILE PLAYING BY THE RULES.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:13 AM

Here' s another reason why I know some people shoot HC instead of MBR or MBO..

They work 6 days a week and don' t have the spare time to do much practicing.
At least they can still go out on a Sunday to a shoot and enjoy themselves without having to worry about misjudging distances and losing arrows.

As far as random equipment checks... from what I have seen at the shoots I have been to (Indoor and Outdoor worlds and shoots in between), this needs to be enforced more.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:06 AM

jhunter - Are you sure the ladies you saw were competing in the FHC? I know the line is pretty full and it' s tough to see who is shooting what. Several of the former FHC competitors moved to FBR this year.
There were lots of officials there, why didn’t you report the violations?

Lady Forge - Remember screw in tips and 4 inch fletching! Have Fun!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:12 AM

I agree 100%! The equipment checks do need to be enforced more. For the past two years, plus this years indoor worlds; I have not
seen one equipment check on anyone except the first place winners.

Couldn' t the officials take a look at each shooters equipment when you go to register at the tables for your shoot? That wouldn' t take long to do. I' m not saying to take the time to weigh each persons arrows or bow; just do that randomly; but check visually their equipment. Then you wouldn' t have the problems that jhunter was talking about. They should take a look at each persons binoculars also!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:51 AM

It is good to see all the Lady shooters expressing their opinions.

One thing that needs to be done is for the people that want a change in the HC class to make the facts know to the BOD of the IBO directly and through their State Reps.

One solution would be to disband the HC class and to Start a novice class that will be for only persons that understand that their is no awards other than a trophy for the first 3 to five depending on the number of shooters. Their would be no reason for persons to have restrictions on the type of equipment. Yardage would be closer than other classes but would be for begining type archers.

The IBO 3D shoots are for competition and persons that are interested in competing with other archers with similiar equipment and shooting styles. At no time should the IBO attempt to dictate to individuals that they should shoot in a class other than their choice. For years one of the biggest problems with archery has been that a FEW individuals who complain the most to the people making the rules get the most attention and more classes are made to accomadate a few shooters. Their is no reason that a person who is interested in competing in archery in the begining of their competive phase should have to be given a class that will give them instant success. The persons making a new division or class has to be more difinitive regarding the purpose and rules. Each time a change such as was made with the hunter class this change should be well publisized for at least a year prior to the begining of the class and the membership be given a chance to express their opinions regarding such changes or additions.

For the remainder of this year we would do well to register our remarks in writing to the State Reps or directly to the IBO office so that such input can be noted and used at the annual meeting for this purpose. Encourage all people interested in competitive archery to express their thoughts to the appropiate people that can influence the BOD decisions when new items are being considered.

All changes should be made for the benefit of the MAJORITY.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im using the CXL 150s for the non IBO Club shoots around here, Ive gotten Gold Tip XT 3555s for bedford with screw in points and the 4 inch pink Vanes Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:30 PM

If a person wants to shoot in the hunter class,or what ever class it shouldnt matter. It is their right. The host club still gets their money. The I.B.O. also gets there part when they go to the triple crowns. As long as these people are involved in archery it shouldnt matter.

Quick Reply: So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.