Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 So much for the hunter class being a beginners class? >

So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Old 04-13-2003, 04:25 PM

Default RE: So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

So much controversy???? I think the idea behind the IBO as stated in the preamble is " to promote bowhunting" ie Hunter Class. Although all of the other classes would make you think it promotes Archery Competition!! It makes no difference what class you shoot as long as you are shooting a bow and promoting the shooting of a BOW. Just enjoy what ever you shoot and if you want to try to compete in a class you feel comfortable in, go for it and don' t worry about what if , or he/she shouldn' t, or they shouldn' t etc etc. Abide by the rules, be awed at the great shooters, amazed at the never ending new equipment, and happy with the comradre.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:25 PM

pselee, that says it all, I AGREE AND hope BOWPRO does too.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:45 PM

Pselee; worded well!

Bowperson, from what I have read, I agree that more equipment checks are needed. I understand that with the constant new technologies entering the bow market, there may be some unintentional mistakes made. I don' t understantd things like the illegall binoculars. The IBO rules spells these guidelines out clearly.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:34 PM

I shoot Hunter Fingers class, and I' ve been shooting over 40 years. I shot some IBO competition several years ago, but dropped out for three reasons: the waiting times at the targets were becoming ridiculous, the cost to shoot was getting up there, and the ranges were well beyond what I would ever shoot at game (I' m primarily a hunter, but enjoy targets as well). I recently took another look at the IBO, and found that they had added enough ranges so that the waiting times weren' t as bad. Then when I saw that they had added a class that had ranges of 35 yards and under, I got real interested. Then when I saw that that class also had a lower entry price (and less prize money), I signed up and started shooting IBO again. Seems like it' s made to order for those of us who couldn' t care less about shooting animals at 45 or 50 yards, whether we' ve been shooting for four months or 40 years. I think the IBO hit the nail on the head with the Hunter classes and that' s why they' re so popular.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:40 AM

Russ, I' m glad to see you have found your way back into our ranks. While the initial thought of creating this class was to create a place for the entry level archer to compete with a lower stress level, they are well aware that there are many experienced shooters who just prefer this class design. The challenge for the organization, is to maintain that " casual" atmosphere for the new shooters, while allowing the 40 year veteran to shoot in the class of choice.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:37 PM

Russ, I agree completely with your statements.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:04 PM
eb

I think the classes are for separating equiptment not people.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let me ask you guys a question.........Will I get the ol' " Hairy Eyeball" from shooters in Hunter Class if I' m shooting a nice shiny target colored bow with fancy accessories?

I have never been to a big shoot,(just a local club shooter) and quite honestly ,even tho I eventually plan to ,its just not realistic for me to attempt to COMPETE in Open class or probably even MBR. just not enough time at the longer yardages to get it down yet, and I' d like to make it to Snowshoe and actually have some fun......and actually be competitive at the same time

So that said am I going to catch any flak for shooting I guess what amounts to expensive but HC legal gear in a " Hunter" class and treat it as a serious competition? Not that at 6' 3" and 275lbs I expect to much " direct" flak.........[8D] but more like will I be looked at as an example of " what is wrong" with Hunter Class?
Old 04-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt.

You can bet your last dollar that you will cop a lot of flak from me if we happen to share the same stake at a shoot

The old saying the bigger they are the harder they fall comes to mind size has never worried my 5' 8" 120lb body

But it will be all in good fun of course now if we can only get that BowTech_Shooter to join us we will both have some one to pick on[][:-]
Old 04-30-2003, 09:12 PM

Matt

If this is going to be your first BIG SHOOT, it matters not what people think. I think that with 580 post here, shooting the bull must be your field.

Quick Reply: So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.