Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit >

Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

Old 03-04-2003, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

I HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE MUZZY ON MY TARGET BOW.MY FLETCHEN HITS IT AND CAUSES IT TO KICK UP, BUT ON MY HUNTING BOW IT DOESN' T HIT. I HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS IN THE DIFFERANCE IN THE TWO BOWS BRACE HIEGHTS,BUT I I' M NOT SURE. I DO KNOW THAT IT DOES HIT ONE ONE AND NOT THE OTHER. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON WHY IT WOULD DO THAT. WHEN I WENT TO A TWO PRONG REST FOR MY TARGET BOW IT SPEEDED UP T FPS.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:31 PM

I will talk with a pro shop and check out all these options first hand. One concern I have about speaking with a pro shop is any potential biases. By using this forum, I can get several different views based on first hand experience. This helps ensure I have taken the right things under consideration before making a purchase.

tbone3332000,
What is the brace height on your target bow and hunting bow? I am shooting a PSE Beast with a measurement of 39" Axle-to-axle, 30" Draw, 60lb Peak Weight, and a Brace Height of 7" .
Old 03-05-2003, 06:36 AM

I am a bit prejudiced but all I use is the Trophy Takers. I guess the prejudice is because I have shot them for three years. The noise only exists for about three inches of arrow travel. But I cover the rest with a fleece for hunting and no noise.
As far as a working rest it is great.
Easy to set up and no maintainence. No contact.(I have powder tested it) I do set up some pretty hot bows with it and it has worked on all of them.
ken12
Old 03-05-2003, 10:21 AM

That is a big YES for the Trophy Taker.
I was thinking about putting on another res that I have and when I examined my fletch and the rest I could find no marks where fletching had made contact. If it ain' t broke, don' t fix it.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:04 PM

For anyone using the whisker bisquit, here is a tip that might make loading it easier (and safer esp. if you are using broadheads). I took mine and rotated it 180 degrees so that the break was at 12 o' clock and made a cut through it at approx. 10 o' clock. This allows me to drop the arrow into the rest without getting my broadheads close to any strings and the whiskers are still overlapped so that the arrow cannot fall out.

Hope that this helps.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:52 PM

NEW2, THE BRACE HEIGHT ON MY HUNTING BOW WHICH IS A MIGHTY MITE FROM BOWTECH IS 7.2 INCHES AND MY TARGET BOW IS A PRO 38 BY BOWTECH IS 6 INCHES. THE MM IS 31.5 INCHES AXLE TO AXLE AND THE 38 IS 37.3 INCHES. MY DRAW IS 27" AND IM PULLING 70LBS ON THE MM AND 63LBS ON THE 38.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:33 AM

I would like to thank everyone for their input on this thread. I found a Muzzy ZE in Peoria for $70.00. Installed it last night; thank God for the Installation Video. I headed to the range this morning and was very pleased. I now need to talk my boss (wife) into new sights. Thanks Again!

Ben
Old 03-31-2003, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

I HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE MUZZY ON MY TARGET BOW.MY FLETCHEN HITS IT AND CAUSES IT TO KICK UP, BUT ON MY HUNTING BOW IT DOESN' T HIT. I HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS IN THE DIFFERANCE IN THE TWO BOWS BRACE HIEGHTS,BUT I I' M NOT SURE. I DO KNOW THAT IT DOES HIT ONE ONE AND NOT THE OTHER. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON WHY IT WOULD DO THAT. WHEN I WENT TO A TWO PRONG REST FOR MY TARGET BOW IT SPEEDED UP T FPS.
You only need to set up the rest for your particular bow...it WILL work with the brace height you have on your bow. Call Muzzy...they will walk you through it.
It is really EZ.