Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit >

Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

Old 02-20-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

I am considering a new arrow rest. The options I am currently considering are the Muzzy Zero-Effect & Whisker Biscuit. I' m currently using a two prong and have not been pleased. I shoot 3-D and Hunt. My main consideration is the amount of noise. The second consideration is a rest that offers some bow movement without falling off the rest.

I have read some information already posted about arrow rests. Concerns have been expressed about the Whisker Biscuit freezing, but there is a spray that will prevent this. The Whisker Biscuit offers total Bow movement without falling off. I have heard concerns about the bristles wearing. The Muzzy Zero-Effect does not offer total bow movement, but could rest against the riser and easily move into the correct place during the draw.

Is there another option that I have not considered? Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

I have the Muzzy ZE and I will tell you that the only way your going to get the arrow to fall of is turn the bow upside down.

It is by far the best rest I have used for both hunting and 3d.
I am a hunter who just happens to like 3d and I like to shoot year round.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:13 PM

Thanks Ausie!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

I also use the Muzzy and would not have anything else. No need to bash the other rest, just suffice it to say that the muzzy is superior in every way!
Old 02-21-2003, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the information.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:45 PM

You are comparing 2 totally different styles of rests. The Whisker Biscuit is a full contact rest. Where the Muzzy is a practically no contact rest. The Whisker Biscuit does have some noise especially in a quit hunting setting and it slows your bow down about 5 feet per second and affects accuracy in longer yardages 35+ in my tests (pretty informal). The Muzzy has no noise at all and doesn' t affect arrow flight because there is no contact. If you are looking for a drop a way like the Muzzy don' t discount Trophy Taker or the NAP models.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:29 AM

Do you know the websits for Trophy Taker or NAP? I would like some more information on these alternatives.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:37 AM

Here are the web addresses

www.newarchery.com

www.trophytaker.com
Old 02-25-2003, 04:39 PM

Before Bow Chick responded, I was prepared to get a Muzzy ZE. Thanks for the websites n23d. I have check out both sites and and both appear like they would meet my needs. Has anyone shot one of these and a Muzzy ZE. I would be curious of personal experience. The Trophy Taker appears to be similar to the Muzzy ZE except for the appearance and the part that holds the arrow is made out of stainless steel. Will this cause noise when drawing back? If it does, I think it would be minimal because of the minimal distance the arrow and the arrow holder would be in contact. The NAP seems to be an improved version of what I currently have except for more quit, different arrow holder, and the fall away feature. The Trophy Taker and the NAP consist of a string that sets it in place when the bow is being drawn. How does this string hold up in unfavorable weather?

Thanks to the input I have received on this topic, I will not be purchasing a whisker biscuit. Any personal experience and input on the Trophy Taker and the NAP?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:12 AM

New2Archery
I would try to find a Pro shop that carries all the rests--they are all pretty popular-- and get your hands on them. The Trophy Taker and the NAP work similiar but the string (release rope) from the Trophy Taker is served into the cable where the NAP models uses a steel cable and it is attached to there cable slide that you have to replace yours with. They are coming out with a model for the roller slides like the Mathews Legacy. Both models hold up well in bad weather. I have not personally shot either one but know people that shoot both and all seem happy with their choices.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Zero-Effect vs. Whisker Biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.