Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Advice on Bedford shoot..... >

Advice on Bedford shoot.....

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Advice on Bedford shoot.....

Old 05-03-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Advice on Bedford shoot.....

My wife and I will be coming up for the Bedford shoot and this will be our first time shooting it. We would appreciate any helpful advice on what to expect as far as weather, things to bring along etc. We met so many great people at the three legs of the southern triple crown from up there that we decided to try and make the trip up for the Bedford shoot. Thanks for any help you might be able to give us.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:36 PM

Default RE: Advice on Bedford shoot.....

what ever you do don't bring any rubber boots or rain gear of any kind
Old 05-04-2006, 04:25 AM

It would seem ib4hoyt has a slightly evil sence of humor. As you may have guessed, one thing that Bedford was not blessed with was the sandy soil like in the panhandle. The weather can be anything from sunny in shorts and tee shirt to cold wet rain and mud. I'd suggest a good selection of weather related clothes options for this shoot. But, if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, (yes - that has happened) we will be having fun in the sunshine. As far as the shoot its self, Bedford always sets a good challenging range. The targets are typically spread out a little more than the southern shoots you attended, so be prepared for a little more walking. If you can, I suggest shooting at least a portion of your targets on friday, with saturday being the busiest part of the weekend. You will find more vendors, more competitors, and potentially many more new friends. Be prepared to be challenged both physically and mentally, and we'll all come away better for the effort.

I hope that answered your questions. I am looking forward to seeing you and everyone else in a couple of weeks.
Chris
Old 05-04-2006, 10:57 AM

Rain, Rain, Rain.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:22 PM

Prepare for everything from 45 and rain to 85 and rain, 50 and breezy to 80 and still. Late spring in the midwest is such an experience to partake.
But in due reference to the rain, several years ago all we had heard for a few years was it's to hot
Sometimes we don't want what we wish for.
SO-o-, repeat after me: No Rain, No Rain, No Rain!
ken12
Oh yeah, one more little thing. Bring your permanone. They have those cute little hitch-hikers there. Just like all the other red states. Must be a plot!