Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 When are we going to bust groups? >

When are we going to bust groups?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

When are we going to bust groups?

Old 03-18-2006, 10:35 PM

Default When are we going to bust groups?

Last year I kept hearing how the shoot officials were going to try and do a better job of busting groups. I guess know one told the guys at Parma Archery about it. While I was standing in line waiting for my group to be called, I saw 3 groups of guys all with the same archery club and / or shop shoot together. Two of the groups had one guy hand the official all 8 score cards and asked to shoot together.
Now I'm not saying anyone is cheating but for the 99.8% of us who are honest,the other .2% make it harder to win.
I hope we all start doing a better job of watching out for this and bust the groups are selves if need be.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:21 AM

Default RE: When are we going to bust groups?

Shooting groups shall not consist solely of friends and relatives. Such groups shall be “busted” by including at least one outsider who will keep score, whenever possible. A group of friends and or relatives must be aware that good sportsmanship requires an additional competitor /scorekeeper be added to their group. The archers in a group of team-mates, friends, and or relatives are required to make range officials aware of this situation. Failing to do so is un-sportsmanlike conduct.

This is the updated section of the rule book that pertains to this situation. It will be released this week. In the past this has been a situation that had a sometimes poor chanceof a correctresolution, if questions concerning the problem are answered with less than a complete answer.
ken12