Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

HS OR BUST!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default HS OR BUST!!!

Ok, I have looked at these rifles for about two years now and was woundering what everyone thought of them? Looks like I will be ordering one of the sporters in the ever popular 7mm STW. I will be buying one of the 30 MM Leupolds to put on it. The only draw back is the price. I had to talk myself into paying that kind of money for a rifle.

Just woundering if those of you who own one think it was worth the money that you have invested in it, and those of you who dont, do you think it is worth the price?

My grandpa allways said it aint what you paid for it. It's how much you thought it was worth.

Just woundering.
hunter338
Old 11-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HS OR BUST!!!

I can't afford to own one but we sell them and I can tell you that they are fantasticly built rifles. Yes if you can afford on then HS would be on the top of my list.

HS precision, Ed Brown, Bill Weisman (sp)... are all three fantastic rifles.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:54 PM
bigcountry

Some decent deals on Sako 75's ss STW's on gunsamerica. I got one and really like it. Reason I got it was the price was excellent. I was looking for a 7mmRemmag. I only shoot maybe 3100fps with 160gr bullet. But hey its what the gun likes. I have a good friend on here that comes close to that with his rem mag. And thats what his gun likes.

I say go for it. If you a reloader, the STW can be very versitile with alot of room to go up or down as you wish.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

bigbulls.

What are you selling the sporter in the sand color for? I dont want any of the extra's. Just the basic gun.

BC.

I have never been a big Sako fan. I dont know why but they have never done anything for me personally.One quick question for you though.
Have you ever loaded for the STW or the RUM in the 7mm Cat.?

If so then I would def. like to talk to you about one of your rec.
HELL it never hurts to ask, Does it?!

Thanks again guys.
hunter338
Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: hunter338

Have you ever loaded for the STW or the RUM in the 7mm Cat.?

If so then I would def. like to talk to you about one of your rec.
HELL it never hurts to ask, Does it?!

Thanks again guys.
hunter338
Do you mean have I ever loaded for the 7mmSTW? Not sure what you mean. Yep, thats what I said, I got a 7mmSTW and have had 3 300RUM's. If you need some load info, I got some not alot for the STW, but have tons of data for the 300RUM.

Right now, I am shooting 78gr of H1000 and 160gr accubond. But found real promise with 7828.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know off the top of my head but I will check for you tomorow. Any other calibers you may be interested in?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

anyone know of any H.S. PRECISION dealers in Pa? or how to find out?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

You can go to their web site and look up the dealers in your area.

I have pretty much set my mind to buying one this comeing year in the 338 RUM. I have just bought a Remington 7mm RUM LSS from one of the guys on this Forum.

Looking forward to the 338 though in the PRO HUNTER.

hunter338
Old 12-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I own two 7mmstw rifles.Both prefer 140gr bullets and imr7828.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

I want some recipes from big country for my 300 rum I just bought a rcbs masters reloading kit but still have some studying to do I want to shoot a lighter bullet like maybe a 150 got any good recipes for that big country. im shooting a remington sendero

Quick Reply: HS OR BUST!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.