Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO Rules for TRAD

Old 02-03-2006, 06:06 PM

Default IBO Rules for TRAD

What is the rationale for not permitting elevated rests for the TRAD class? All I've read suggests that shooting from the shelf or hand is easier than from an elevated rest as the arrow is more closely aligned with the bow hand. I guess I understand not wanting adjustable sights and whatever those buttons are for adjusting in and out, but it seems to me a fixed, solid, non-adjustable rest could EASILY be included in the TRAD classification.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:48 AM

Default RE: IBO Rules for TRAD

Dave
Shooting off the shelf is not easyer. With a flipper and plunger it is so much more forgiving and you haveamore wide selection of arrow choices . Off shelf it is much more critical to get the arrow tuned to perfiction. I also have noticed that shooting off shelf is also more critical to have your form in top notch shape. When I want to see if my form is slipping ,I get my off shelf bow out and shoot at 35 yards and I can really tell what is going on with my target bow.I guess what I want to say is you can get away with more ,when you get arrow off shelf. The trad div. was started to give recurve hunters a place to play . The RU classis more for the target guys .
Bill
Old 02-04-2006, 07:09 AM

Bill, thanks for the input. I do have to respectfully suggest that I'm not sure I agree with you for the type of rest I described. I definitely agree that plungers and some of the flipper rests do make it easier, but I'm referring to things like feather rests, the hard plastic shelf that was standard on Shakespeare bows perhaps even the little plastic finger that was common on Bears, though some might consider that a flipper. All these do is create a new "shelf" that's higher than the real one and take the arrow higher away from the lineof your bowhand/arm. That creates an offset that your mind has to account for in instinctive shooting and does make it more difficult. As for RU, it also permits a stabilizer which definitely makes shooting easier.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:05 PM

Dave
I know the rules our alittle cheesy,but they have to be there for the crybabies. It used to be we were all one in recurve but someone cryed and said its not fare so rules were change. Its just like the NFAA ,so many classes you get two people in each class. I know if you want to change rules just form a group and potest to the board and they may change them ,tell them it will bring more people to shoots ,LOL.
Bill
Old 02-04-2006, 01:47 PM

YOU GOT TO WATCH OUT ON HOW WELL YOU SHOOT AND WIN BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T THEY'LL FORM A WITCH HUNT AND GO AFTER YOU. YOU CAN ASK THE "HAWK".

JIM
Old 02-04-2006, 01:55 PM

You know thats right Jim, I heard he had a paint chip on his riser and they went and protested his world champ. Jim you know what it is its these guys from the south ,they just cant beat us. You know as well has I do you got to take Daves arrows away before them guys could beat him LOL.
Bill