Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PINE BUSH (ALBANY NY) >

PINE BUSH (ALBANY NY)

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PINE BUSH (ALBANY NY)

Old 03-27-2005, 01:32 AM

Default PINE BUSH (ALBANY NY)

HAS ANYBODY HUNTED THIS AREA ,I KNOW ITS BOW ONLY? I LIVE ABOUT AHOUR AWAY IN MA. AND WAS THINKING OF HUNTING IN NEW YORK THIS YEAR, ONE OF THE TRUCK DRIVERS THAT COMES INTO MY WORK LIVES BY THERE AND SAID HE COULD SHOW ME AROUND IF I WAS GOING OUT THERE. THANKS
Old 03-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PINE BUSH (ALBANY NY)

I just moved to the area and hope to hunt Pine Bush this fall.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:26 PM

I've also thought about the Pine Bush. From what I've heard from two NY State Troopers who bowhunt in the Albany area (and other bowhunters in the Albany area), if you're into deer ticks, the Pine Bush is for you. There's some pretty big deer there (and in the Corning Preserve near the Hudson River, but it's tough to hunt there), from what they've told me. And, from what the NYSDEC's magazine (The Conservationist) has said, the biggest deer in NY are in the bow-only areas.

Rick, where in Clifton Park are you?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Pine Bush is a wonderful area - and the private lands bordering the "official" areas of the pine Bush are great.

I did my Thesis on the regeneration of scrub oak due to Fire vs. clearcutting as management tools in the 1980s - I saw some really great bucks there. I never hunted it once - I had other areas to hunt - and there was always people like me bouncing around ( and karner blue butterfly lovers) in the Pine Bush. The public sections were difficult to hunt for this reason.

The sheer amounts of acorns from the low growth scrub oaks made it a whitetail deer paradise. Follow the blue jays for ripe acorn areas!

FH
Old 03-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Twin Lakes. And you? Are you a member at the Sportsmens Club here in Clifton Park?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:10 AM

I'm in Hollandale. No, not yet. Two guys in the hunting camp I belong to are, so when I feel a need to go, I call one of them. I will before the summer, though.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Muddyemms

I'm in Hollandale. No, not yet. Two guys in the hunting camp I belong to are, so when I feel a need to go, I call one of them. I will before the summer, though.
Your real close to me then. If you ever want to go to the sportsmans club, shoot me a PM. I go 2-3 times a week to shoot in the indoor range during evenings. They will be setting up the 3D course this weekend and just put up new bags in the outdoor range too, so once the clocks roll forward next week, I will be there shooting the outdoor range and 3D's probably 3-4 times a week.